FROM CACHE - en_header

Failed Payout

JameelRashad
Tourist
4 0 1

Weird, because i recently payed for monthly plan a few days ago.

Now i have a -3.06 balance for payout and it's saying payment failed. I tried following prompted instructions, says the information I've entered doesn't match what's documented. Tried shopify questions & followed directions; contacted my back to see if they restricted access. My banking institution says its fine. 

I have no clue how to fix this issue. In need of help

Please and thank you

-Chris Richmond

Reply 1 (1)
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1180 81 139

Hi, Chris!

Sophia here from Shopify.

While I'm not able to view your payouts from this public space, I can provide some general information on failed payouts with Shopify Payments.

Keep in mind that payments for your Shopify plan are not necessarily taken care of by the same account that payouts are sent to. Billing is often paid by credit card (or in some cases PayPal or Shopify balance), while Shopify Payments payouts are connected to a bank account (typically a checking account).

Payouts can fail for a number of reasons, including insufficient funds (if a debit needs to take place for refunded orders), or incorrect account information. Sometimes there's a typo in the account information. If payouts had been sent to that account successfully in the past, it's possible that some of the information (like the routing number) was updated through the bank but not through the Shopify admin since the change. In any case, our support team is happy to take a closer look with you to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Based on the information you provided here, it sounds like you're trying to update the bank account that is connected to Shopify Payments. If the information entered doesn't match what was previously on file, our Account Integrity team can help you update it. Please get in touch with Shopify support via live chat, email, or callback in the Shopify Help Center so we can put you in touch with the Account Integrity team. Thank you!

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog