Faster shipping rate not showing

Solved
supafly
Tourist
11 0 2

Hello!

I have one shipping profile and three zones. Each zone has a carrier calculated rate with two service options available (standard and faster, basically). However, whenever I test an item in the cart, the only shipping option I get is for the slowest shipping service. I never see the option to select the faster option that I set up in the profile. I've searched around and don't really see anyone talking about this specifically (lots of people asking about multi-profile and more complicated settings that what I have) so I feel like I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what it is. I've attached screenshots that show my settings for UPS 2-Day and UPS Ground, and then a shot showing that when I put something in the cart, I only get Ground as the shipping option. Is it because UPS doesn't offer 2-Day ship to residential addresses? Not sure what to select to allow customers the opportunity to get items faster if they want. Any help is much appreciated!

Screenshot 2021-11-22 144841.jpg

Screenshot 2021-11-22 144750.jpg

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Dirk
Shopify Staff
1243 150 274

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @supafly 

Each shipping profile lets you assign products to the shipping profile. This makes a product available for shipping with that profile's settings. I would double-check to ensure your TBD - S/Misty Rose product is included in the shipping profile. We have a guide here that highlights the step for adding products to a shipping profile. 

Alternatively, UPS 2nd Day Air is a freight shipping service, which UPS offers for shipments of more than 150 lbs or those that exceed UPS small package size limits. In your case, this could potentially be the cause of why it's not available, as your package does not meet that service requirement. More info on their shipping service here.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)
Dirk
Shopify Staff
1243 150 274

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @supafly 

Each shipping profile lets you assign products to the shipping profile. This makes a product available for shipping with that profile's settings. I would double-check to ensure your TBD - S/Misty Rose product is included in the shipping profile. We have a guide here that highlights the step for adding products to a shipping profile. 

Alternatively, UPS 2nd Day Air is a freight shipping service, which UPS offers for shipments of more than 150 lbs or those that exceed UPS small package size limits. In your case, this could potentially be the cause of why it's not available, as your package does not meet that service requirement. More info on their shipping service here.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Anindita
Shopify Partner
79 2 11

Hi @supafly,

In some addresses, UPS doesn't provide 2-Day delivery. So, have you verified your address?

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
Ron-Anderson
Shopify Partner
88 7 14

Hi @supafly,

This issue is likely being caused by UPS address validation. UPS typically requires the exact address to do rate calculations. In some cases, they can calculate rates using only the postal code/ zip code. However, those tend to be more densely populated areas, and sometimes only with certain rate types, like Ground, which isn't time-sensitive. If the zip code is rural, or at least is not in one of the areas that UPS considers a "hub", they won't calculate shipping without the full street address. In your screenshot, I only see state and zip code. So, it's likely that they're able to use the zip code to calculate Ground but not 2nd Day Air. Try using the full street address to see if that resolves the issue. If not, then it likely just comes down to 2nd Day Air not being available in that zip code at all.

Best regards,
Ron

Customer Experience Manager @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles