Can I offer 12-month finance options on Shopify without a £1m turnover?

JacobStaff70
Excursionist
26 0 4

Hi 

I am looking for advice. I want to offer my customers finance over 12 month periods. As you see many retailers offer 0% APR over 12 months, I want to be able to do the same. 

I have contacted Hitachi but they need me to have £1,000,000 turnover before they will bring me on. I am not far off this figure but still they're not interested until it's over £1m 

Anyone have any knowledge or advice of companies I can contact? 

Replies 2 (2)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hi, @JacobStaff70.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this question!

There are a few other third-party gateways available in the UK, such as Klarna or Laybuy, that does allow your customers to finance or pay installments with zero interest. However, I'm not sure if they allow 0% APR over 12 months, so I'd recommend reaching out to them directly for further inquiries. If neither of these can offer what you're looking for, then you can take a look at our complete list of supported payment gateways in the UK

I'd love to know if Klarna or Laybuy can help you achieve what you're looking for. Keep me posted!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

RafalAtKlarna
Visitor
1 0 2

Hi There @JacobStaff70 

You could certainly offer 12 months (max. 36 months) 0% financing through Klarna - take a look at the link below for more info:

https://www.klarna.com/uk/business/products/financing/

If this is something you'd be interested in, you can reach out to our sales team who will get you up and running for this by clicking "Contact us today" or directly via email: sme.uk@klarna.com

Hope this helps!

Rafal at Klarna's Merchant Support