First time customer discount code

Solved
Lisa64
1 0 0

Can I create a universal discount for first time customers without them having to enter any personal information? Something like 10% off their first order.  

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
June
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
315 86 60

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Lisa64

June here from Shopify.

When you say "without them having to enter any personal information", I imagine you mean in order to qualify for the discount code, is that correct? If so, what you're describing definitely sounds possible! In fact, I really like this strategy to encourage customers to place that very first order.

The easiest way to achieve this will be to:

1. Visit Discounts in your admin, then select Create discount > Discount code.
  2. Under Discount value, enter 10%.
  3. You're welcome to enter any other eligibility requirements, but based on what you've shared, the most important one will be: Limit to one use per customer.31-50-77146-95866
  4. Once you've successfully created your discount code, a great way to promote it to your customers is in your theme's announcement bar. If your theme has one built in, it can be found in your theme editor (Online store > Themes > Customize) by selecting Header > Announcement bar. If not, we can chat about third-party app alternatives! What theme are you currently using?

Let me know if you run into any questions or challenges. 

Along the same lines, another strategy that some business owners like to use is to offer an automatic discount to customers who recover their abandoned carts. In my experience this significantly improves cart recovery rates. If this is something you'd be interested in, this help document goes into greater detail on how to set this up.

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)
June
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
315 86 60

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Lisa64

June here from Shopify.

When you say "without them having to enter any personal information", I imagine you mean in order to qualify for the discount code, is that correct? If so, what you're describing definitely sounds possible! In fact, I really like this strategy to encourage customers to place that very first order.

The easiest way to achieve this will be to:

1. Visit Discounts in your admin, then select Create discount > Discount code.
  2. Under Discount value, enter 10%.
  3. You're welcome to enter any other eligibility requirements, but based on what you've shared, the most important one will be: Limit to one use per customer.31-50-77146-95866
  4. Once you've successfully created your discount code, a great way to promote it to your customers is in your theme's announcement bar. If your theme has one built in, it can be found in your theme editor (Online store > Themes > Customize) by selecting Header > Announcement bar. If not, we can chat about third-party app alternatives! What theme are you currently using?

Let me know if you run into any questions or challenges. 

Along the same lines, another strategy that some business owners like to use is to offer an automatic discount to customers who recover their abandoned carts. In my experience this significantly improves cart recovery rates. If this is something you'd be interested in, this help document goes into greater detail on how to set this up.

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Chui_Shia_Chan
2 0 0

Hi, 

Doesn't this method apply to everyone regardless of first time or repeat customer?