Fixed rate shipping rules - not applying correctly

mikehuyb
1 0 0

I am looking to apply fixed rate shipping to the store.

Any combination of items totaling under 1000 grams is $15

Any combination of items totaling over 1000 grams is $20

Any combination of items over $100.00 is free shipping

For the most part it works but when I add two different items it is doubling the cost of shipping. For example gloves (40 grams) and hoodie (500 grams) gives me $30 shipping. Any one of them gives me $15 shipping. Two gloves is $15 shipping. Or two hoodies (over 1000grams) is free. Any combination over $100 value is free. I have noticed the old shipping profiles still exist and actually shipping method names are old names. All old shipping methods have been deleted. Tried two different browsers to rule out cookies and memory.

Why is it doubling shipping cost of mixed items and is there a way around this?

-------------------------------

Not sure how delete a thread but figured out the problem was an old profile for shipping I missed on the main page was confusing the back end of things. All has been resolved thank you.

Replies 2 (2)
Elias
Shopify Staff
1389 131 207

Hey, @mikehuyb.

Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention!

I understand that you're experiencing an issue where the shipping rates are doubling. It sounds like you might have separate shipping profiles for your products, which may be causing the issue. When there are separate shipping profiles and products from different profiles are added to the cart, then the checkout will combine the rates at checkout and provide the customers with a single rate. If this is the case and you want to prevent the combined rates, then you'll want to remove the additional shipping profiles and have all of your products in a single profile. 

Just to confirm, do you have multiple shipping profiles set up on your store?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Elias
Shopify Staff
1389 131 207

Greetings again, @mikehuyb.

Thank you for providing an update and I'm glad to hear that the issue was resolved! 

My apologies for not noticing the update and replied to the thread. However, as this thread may be beneficial for others who may be experiencing the same issue, so I've decided to keep the thread open for the troubleshooting suggestions. 

If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog