Flat Rate Shipping with Multiple Fulfilment Locations

Lael_Harrelson
Excursionist
12 0 3

I charge $8.99 flat rate shipping  or free shipping on orders of $100 or more. I use one drop shipper (fulfillment service). I recently added another drop shipper(fulfillment service)  to add more variety to my inventory. Shopfiy is making me set up rates for each drop shipper separately and if a customer chooses items from both of them they are being charged double shipping. I just want a general shipping profile that is not tied to who or where it comes from.

How do I have a flat rate shipping with two fulfillment services? I read the different Shopify articles on shipping but I dont see this option. It is such a simple concept, I'm sure I must be missing something.

Thank you!

Replies 15 (15)

JohnHa
Shopify Partner
108 1 20

Hi @Lael_Harrelson,

Shopify currently combines rates natively if you have multiple shipping profiles, or have multiple locations within profiles.

To handle it accurately, you will have to use an app that lets you create multiple rules to allow you to always charge exactly what you want.

Many people are facing the same problem as you and I have included some workaround in this post. You can also find some third-party app that works on your case as well.

banned
Lael_Harrelson
Excursionist
12 0 3

Hello! Thank you for replying. I did not see any workarounds in the page link you sent that applied to the question. Did I miss something? Thanks.

PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 100

Hi @Lael_Harrelson,

As John has mentioned here, Shopify currently combines the shipping rates if you have two different shipping profiles and rates. Ultimately this feature is in place to ensure merchants don't end up over paying for shipping when customers order products from multiple profiles or locations, but I can understand how this may not be desired for you. Currently the only available work-around would be to use an application to set up more specific shipping rules. You can check out a few apps here.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
Lael_Harrelson
Excursionist
12 0 3

Thank you. Are you aware of any apps that do not require you to be connected to the live carrier rates? Fulfillment emails are sent to the warehouse. They package and ship the product, then send me an invoice for the amount. Most of the apps seem to require you to use their shipping methods or at least be connected to the live rates.

Thank you.

Lael_Harrelson
Excursionist
12 0 3

This seems to be a common problem. Has anyone written code to fix the problem that could be added on the back end to change the shipping functionality?

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @Lael_Harrelson.

Great question! Thanks for bringing it to our Community forum. I'm happy to provide some clarification regarding your shipping setting options. 

Since you are hoping to have one shipping profile with the same flat fee rates, you can use the General Shipping profile. General rates provide a flat rate shipping cost regardless of what is in the cart:

You will want to ensure that all your products fall under this category, and avoid having multiple shipping profiles. When you go into your General Shipping Rates > Manage please ensure that both dropshipping locations are listed here: 

You can learn more about this in our shipping strategies for dropshipping help document. Please give that a try, and let me know how it goes. 

Talk soon,  

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Lael_Harrelson
Excursionist
12 0 3

Hello! I think that is how I have it set up. Would you be willing to take a look at it? Thank you!

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @Lael_Harrelson.

Thanks for getting back to me! We're more than happy to take a closer look at your shipping settings together. Because we will need to access your admin settings to do so, I will ask that you please visit our Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request. Once you have logged in to your account, type your request in 'Ask about a topic', scroll down to 'Get Support' and then click 'Continue.' Our support team will be able to access your account to work on resolving this with you. Feel free to share our thread with them, so the support advisor can get caught up on your request. 

If you have any questions in the meantime, don't hesitate to let me know. 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Lael_Harrelson
Excursionist
12 0 3

I actually did that before I posted here on the forums and they were not able to help me. I was told there was no way to have a single flat rate if products were being fulfilled by two different drop shippers.  I thought maybe you knew a special knack! 🙂

boxxman13
Tourist
4 0 5

problem still exists, this is a big fail in functionality.  If you set a flat rate table, it should be just that, flat rate, it's crazy that it doubles it if the products come from two warehouses.  

Lael_Harrelson
Excursionist
12 0 3

I agree. I'm an adult. I don't need Shopify to "protect merchants from being overcharged" on shipping. I need a platform with what should be a simple option. Shopify, please fix this!

HighTs
Tourist
6 0 3

Am having the same problem and going around and around in circles. Am currently having to refund customers the double shipping cost which is a MASSIVE PAIN!!!!

@Shopify please fix this. 

Ian625
Tourist
7 0 5

I'm exactly in the same boat !! Shopify, please fix this ! I see many people are complaining about this issue in other Shopify community. 

Ian625
Tourist
7 0 5

I was in the same boat and couldn't find right solution for months and now I'm happy with app- ShipZip by Cirklestudio. it has been solved with $9.99 plan. Sid (tech support), he just set up for me within 10 mins and working perfect!

sniper2804
Shopify Partner
384 25 65

Hi, 

We seemed to have found a solution for this problem of double shipping rate. Using our ShipMagic app's Shipping Customization feature, you can actually setup shipping rates, so that your customers are always charged a fixed amount ($8.99 in your case) even when products are present in cart from multiple locations.

You can install the app from here and reach out to live chat support for more information on how to setup the app.

Automate & bulk assign products to shipping profile: Auto Shipping Profiles: Shipr
Calculate accurate shipping rates: Shipping Calculator: ShipMagic
Hide, rename, reorder payment methods at checkout: Payment Customization: PayMix