Flat shipping rate for total shopping cart

Alexios
Tourist
17 0 2

We still have the problem that shopify adds shipping costs for several shipping points within one shopping cart instead of allowing flat shipping costs for the entire shopping cart.
Can anyone help here or has information on the subject?

thanks Alex

Replies 4 (4)

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @Alexios.

I noticed you are a new member of our Community forums, welcome! Thanks for bringing your question to us here. I'm happy to take a look into this with you so that your shipping prices are displayed accordingly. 

The first step is to take a look at shipping settings by going into Settings > Shipping from your Shopify admin. Which shipping profiles do you have set up here? If you want to create flat fee shipping for all of your products, you will simply need to work with your general shipping ratesYou can use your general profile to create the default settings for your shipping. If a product or variant isn't in a custom profile, then it uses the general shipping rates in your general profile. Ensure that you don't have any custom profiles if you want all products to fall under the same shipping rules. For example: 

Once you access this profile, you can set up flat fee shipping rates for the shipping zones of your choice. A shipping zone is a group of countries or regions that have the same shipping rates. For example, if your business has a warehouse in Germany that ships to anywhere in Europe for the same flat rate, then you can create a shipping zone that includes all the European countries and charge that same shipping fee to all your European customers. To set this up, follow these steps: 

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Shipping and delivery.

2. Next to the shipping profile that you want to add a shipping rate to, click Manage rates.

3. Next to the zone that you want to add a rate to, click Add rate.

4. Enter the name and amount for the rate.

5. Optional: Add weight-based or price-based conditions.

1. Click Add conditions.
    2. Select whether to base the condition on order weight or price.
    3. Enter the minimum and maximum value for the condition.
  6. Click Done, and then click Save.

Based on what you've shared, it is likely that you have multiple shipping profiles set up. Please let me know if this helps! If you have any questions along the way, don't hesitate to reach back out. In the meantime, I'd love to hear more about your business! Is this a new venture that you've started?

Talk soon,

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @Alexios.

Just checking in with you. Did my response help to set up your flat fee shipping rates? If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to reach back out.

Warmly, 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Alexios
Tourist
17 0 2

Hi @Luna 

Thanks for the answer. I don't think that solves the problem.

For example, if there are 2 locations (let's say 1 location is a dropshipping company and the second location is our own warehouse from which we deliver ourselves). If a customer orders goods from location 1 and location 2, shopify doubles the shipping costs.

But we want to tell our customers how much shipping costs are to be paid before they order. However, since we do not yet know at this point whether the customer is ordering from just one location or from two locations, this is only possible if there is a possibility of setting shipping costs to the shopping cart at a flat rate.

regards,

Alex

Anindita
Shopify Partner
675 34 95

Hi @Alexios,

Are you having multiple shipping profiles? If yes then while using multiple shipping profiles, if orders contain products from different profiles or locations, this will result in combined rates at the checkout. 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping