Solved

How can I automate card note printing for a florist website?

maxv185
6 0 0

I am developing a site for a client and need some functionality unique to florist. 

The main solution I am looking for is to take the note from customer for card and automate the printing process onto the physical card.  Has anyone done this or have an idea how to do it?

Accepted Solution (1)

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @maxv185.

Thanks for reaching out here in our Community forum. Great question! I would be more than happy to provide some solutions for collecting gift messages on your clients orders and automating the printing process. 

This can be accomplished using Shopify's innate functionality or with the help of an app. To begin, I will outline the method that you can achieve this through your Shopify admin. To gather some more context, may I ask which theme you are using? Most free Shopify themes (aside from 'Simple') allow you to add a gift message option for your customers at checkout either through your cart page or theme settings. As an example, please view the image here

Once you enable orders notes on your theme, you can edit the label that appears above or alongside the order notes box. By default, the label says “Add a note to your order." For example, you could change this message to "Is this a gift? Enter a special message for the recipient here.” To do so, follow these steps: 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @maxv185.

Thanks for reaching out here in our Community forum. Great question! I would be more than happy to provide some solutions for collecting gift messages on your clients orders and automating the printing process. 

This can be accomplished using Shopify's innate functionality or with the help of an app. To begin, I will outline the method that you can achieve this through your Shopify admin. To gather some more context, may I ask which theme you are using? Most free Shopify themes (aside from 'Simple') allow you to add a gift message option for your customers at checkout either through your cart page or theme settings. As an example, please view the image here

Once you enable orders notes on your theme, you can edit the label that appears above or alongside the order notes box. By default, the label says “Add a note to your order." For example, you could change this message to "Is this a gift? Enter a special message for the recipient here.” To do so, follow these steps: 

maxv185
6 0 0

I want to print each orders note to a specific flower card. 

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @maxv185.

Thanks for getting back to me! To print each order message to a gift card directly, the Giftship app would be a great solution. The app allows you to manage how the document template is set up, so you would simply have to use the "Print with Giftship option" as seen here: 

19-03-13672-82236

Otherwise, you could bulk print the message onto a PDF as I mentioned, and then create the template from the document that allows you to print directly onto your gift card measurements. However, this would be an additional step. 

Would you please share with me an example of your desired outcome if this is not the result you are hoping for?

Warmly, 

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @maxv185.

Just checking in with you here. If you do require any additional assistance, I'm more than happy to help.

All the best, 

maxv185
6 0 0

Haven't totally solved this yet.

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @maxv185.

If there is anything else I can do to help, don't hesitate to let me know! What are the setbacks you're still facing?

Warmly, 

PostcardsApp
Shopify Partner
41 0 13

Hey @maxv185 , I know this was a while ago when you were developing this solution, however, in case your client still needs this or some of your other clients, we have released an app that does exactly that, and for florists!  You should be able to easily include it in solutions for your clients who need gift greeting/note functionality.  Please check us out here and let me know if you have any questions i can help out with.  https://apps.shopify.com/voucherapp