Thanks for reaching out here in our Community forum. Great question! I would be more than happy to provide some solutions for collecting gift messages on your clients orders and automating the printing process.
This can be accomplished using Shopify's innate functionality or with the help of an app. To begin, I will outline the method that you can achieve this through your Shopify admin. To gather some more context, may I ask which theme you are using? Most free Shopify themes (aside from 'Simple') allow you to add a gift message option for your customers at checkout either through your cart page or theme settings. As an example, please view the image here.
Once you enable orders notes on your theme, you can edit the label that appears above or alongside the order notes box. By default, the label says “Add a note to your order." For example, you could change this message to "Is this a gift? Enter a special message for the recipient here.” To do so, follow these steps:
- From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
- Find the theme that you want to edit, and then click Actions > Edit languages.
- In the Filter translations box, type
Add a note to show the order notes translation:
- Enter a new order notes label.
- Click Save
In regards to printing your order notes, you can do so from your Shopify admin by following these steps:
- In your Shopify admin, to go Orders page, select multiple orders.
- Click on More actions, then Print Delivery Notes.
- Print the generated delivery notes from one PDF file.
Alternatively, you could use an all-in-one app solution, like Giftshop. This app allows you to take gift message information on a per-product or whole cart basis. Giftship’s built-in Print with Giftship feature is easy to use, with several different pre-made templates. You can print a packing slip with the gift message, an invoice with the gift message, or just the gift message itself. In addition to those features, it has a lot more to offer. Keep in mind that most apps offer a free trial period so that you can test it out before committing. If you decide to not use the app, just ensure that you delete it from your apps before the trial ends to avoid getting charged.
Let me know if these solutions work for you! Otherwise, I'm more than happy to continue looking into this together.
Luna | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog