Free Local Delivery Issue

Tuki
1 0 0

I offer free local delivery based distance from our location.  Currently the radius is set to 70km so anyone within that qualifies for free delivery.  Our most recent customer lives 5km from my location and was being charged for shipping.  Anyone know how I can troubleshoot this?

Reply 1 (1)
Hilary
Community Manager
Community Manager
548 78 113

Hi, @Tuki

Welcome to the Shopify Community! Sorry to hear your customer was charged for shipping when they should've qualified for free local delivery. There are several possibilities why this customer may have not chosen the local delivery option in their checkout experience. Some reasons are: 

1. Their payment method. If the customer chose an accelerated checkout option other than Shop Pay at the first stage of the checkout, local delivery isn't available. Accelerated checkout methods are Apple Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, or PayPal. What payment method did this customer use? You can view this in the order timeline if you're unsure. 
  2. The delivery location did not have the inventory available to fulfill the entire order.
  3. The customer's delivery address couldn't be verified by Google.
  4. They were prompted with the option for either local delivery or shipping, and accidentally chose shipping. 

You can test the last two options by creating an order from your website and following the checkout process using this customer's exact address. What happens when you enter their address in the shipping details? Does local delivery show as an option? 

Let us know how this goes, and we can go from there! 

Hilary | Community Manager @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog