Free Shipping discount code for a specifc state

rjk77
1 0 0

I have looked and can't seem to find a way to create a discount code that enables free shipping for a specific state and only that state.  Is this possible? 

Replies 3 (3)
Zuzanna
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
97 1 28

Hey there, 

I'm Zuzanna, a Guru here at Shopify 🙂

Currently, there wouldn't be a way to create a discount code that is specific to a certain state. However, that would be a great feature to add! I will definitely forward this to our developers and hopefully this will be something we will add in the future! 

Something you can do in the meantime is create a free shipping rate for just that state. That way when people from that state go through the checkout, only they will see the option for free shipping. To create shipping rates for just one state, you'll want to head to Settings>Shipping and under Shipping Zones, you can click to 'Edit' that specific country. Once you do that, you will see an option to edit what states are a part of that zone, if you uncheck the state you want to make a specific rate for, and hit save, you can then add an additional shipping zone for that country, and it will just contain the state you removed. Then just add a free shipping rate following the steps on this page, and you will be good to go!  

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us here 🙂 

Have a great one,
Zuzanna

Zuzanna | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

DylanHam
1 0 0

Any progress on this?

calvinli918
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

lol you'd have to wait at least forever