FROM CACHE - en_header

Free Shipping On Entire Order When Subscription Product is in cart

Nathan-Skone
Tourist
7 1 0

I have 4 products that each have a non-subscription option and a subscription option. 

When the customer chooses the subscription option they get a 10% discount on the product AND free shipping on that product. 

What we want to do used to work with ReCharge app but now they have changed their app and we have to use a coupon code in order to give the customer the FREE shipping. 

I have set up the coupon code and it works as expected except there is one scenario which we need help with. Here are the scenarios and their results when customer applies the coupon:

1. Cart has 1 non-subscription product = Coupon is NOT VALID (as expected)
  2. Cart has a subscription product but they chose the nonsubcription rate = $2.95 shipping (as expected)
  3. Cart has a subscription product & they chose the subscription rate = FREE shipping (as expected)
  4. Cart has a non-subscription product & a subscription product = Shopify is charging them $2.95 for the non subscription product & FREE shipping for the subscription product 

Is there a snippet that I can add that basically says 

IF product X with subscription = 1 is in cart, THEN entire cart = FREE shipping?

Replies 3 (3)
Ron-Anderson
Shopify Partner
148 12 25

Hi @Nathan-Skone,

This may be a limitation with Shopify's built-in shipping & delivery since the conditions available are somewhat limited in terms of how they can be configured and you can't have the same product in multiple Profiles. I'm not sure about the code snippet solution. Hopefully someone can address that for you here or you may want to reach out to Shopify support to confirm.

If you're open to using a third-party solution, Intuitive Shipping lets you set up Scenarios for each of these situations, including the one that currently isn't working. In fact, you could set up a single Scenario that has 2 shipping methods - one for $2.95 and one for Free whenever there is a subscription product in the cart - and regardless of what else is in the cart. If you'd like to learn more about Intuitive Shipping and how to set this up, please feel free to book a demo with one of our team members.

Please note: when using any third-party rate calculator, including Intuitive Shipping, Shopify requires you to have their Carrier-calculated Rates feature enabled. If you're on either the 'Basic' or 'Shopify' plan, this feature costs USD $20/ month. If you switch to annual billing, Shopify will include the feature at no extra cost and give you 10% off the plan. If you're on the 'Advanced' plan or higher, the feature is already included.

Best regards,

Ron

Customer Experience Manager @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
Nathan-Skone
Tourist
7 1 0

Hi Ron, it says I am on Shopify/Annual plan. So that shouldn't cost me the extra $20/month, right? Where do I find Carrier-calculated rates in Shopify?

If that is already enabled then I would be happy to set up a demo with you.

Ron-Anderson
Shopify Partner
148 12 25

Hi @Nathan-Skone,

If you're on annual billing already, then yes, Shopify will include that feature at no additional cost. You'll still need to notify them that you want it enabled, as they don't do it automatically. You can determine if it's currently enabled or not by going to your Shopify Settings > Shipping & delivery > Accounts and integrations. If it's not enabled, you'll see this:

Ron-Anderson_0-1618239317771.png

If and when you're ready to schedule a demo with us, you can do so here. We look forward to showing you what Intuitive Shipping can do!

Best regards,

Ron

Customer Experience Manager @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles