Can I automate order fulfillment with a local supplier on Shopify?

JoslynH
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi

How can I make my order to go automatically to my supplier to send out?

I have a local supplier & want to send them the order as soon as it is made with all the details of where & whom to send it to?

Thanks

Joslyn

Replies 5 (5)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hey, @JoslynH. Great question!

You can set your workflow up so that your supplier receives order notifications by enabling a custom fulfillment service. More information and the steps to set it up are found in the Help Doc for Custom fulfillment services

Basically, your supplier will need to have an email address that can accept each of your orders, and they will be notified with the details of the order once it has been marked as fulfilled from your end. You can automate this even further, by enabling automatic fulfillment in which case the order would be fulfilled as soon as payment is received, and an email notification would automatically be sent to your fulfillment service. Does that make sense?

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns about this. I'm happy to help!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

JoslynH
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you yes it makes sense, but what about if I have different suppliers for different products can I put in different emails for the different suppliers?

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Yes, you can, @JoslynH!  You can add multiple custom fulfillment services with separate email addresses, and once they are added, a Location for each one will automatically be created. You’ll then need to make sure you include the custom fulfillment service as a Shipping From location in your shipping profile(s) for those products. As well as assign the product(s) inventory to be managed by its corresponding supplier; This is done on the Product page in your admin, within the Inventory section. Your custom fulfillment service will appear in the Inventory Managed By as seen below:

21-05-orqsy-ji9c5

Let me know if you need any further clarification on this. Good luck!

Not applicable

Hi @JoslynH,

As Helen said, you can have multiple custom fulfillment services (for each supplier). However, you need an API integration/App to automatically forward the order. Do you know what platform they use? Shopify, WooCommerce? 

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hey, @Anonymous. Thanks for your input. But actually, the good news is you don’t need any other integrations to be able to automatically notify multiple custom fulfillment services of an order placement!

Order notifications are sent once an order has been marked as fulfilled. Therefore as I mentioned above, enabling automatic fulfilment will automate the process without the use of an app. Automatic fulfillment is found in ‘Settings > Checkout’ in your admin, as seen below. Once enabled, orders will be automatically fulfilled as soon as payment is complete, and thus order notification emails will be automatically sent to each custom fulfillment service.

21-05-r8l7y-0p8rm

Hope that helps clear things up. Please let me know if you’ve experienced something different, or if you’d like to discuss anything further.