Getting paid after the product has been deliverd.

ShanerT
Tourist
8 0 2

Is there a way where the customer who buys the product on my store can pay after the product has been delivered to them?

Replies 3 (3)

3ux1n3
Shopify Partner
13 0 1

I think you are asking about Cash on delivery , COD shortly , it refers to a payment method widely used in many of the countries where Paying by CC is not very widespread yet , when you pick this as your payment method shopify will rely on you to mark orders as paid or not , and typically it's the delivery company that collects money for you from customers 

ShanerT
Tourist
8 0 2

@3ux1n3 wrote:

I think you are asking about Cash on delivery , COD shortly , it refers to a payment method widely used in many of the countries where Paying by CC is not very widespread yet , when you pick this as your payment method shopify will rely on you to mark orders as paid or not , and typically it's the delivery company that collects money for you from customers 

@3ux1n3 wrote:

I was thinking more about customers paying with a CC or with a bankcard, after they have received their package. I wasn't referring to COD. Is it possible for customers to pay after they have received their package or for me to receive the payment after the package has been delivered?

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6339 580 1350

If using shopify-payments and fulfillment is always under a 7 day window then modify the wording of a pre-order customization and then capture payment upon delivery.

https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-design/product-pages-allow-pre-orders-for-products/m-p/61646... 

Mileage may vary based on payment gateway.

Otherwise you need to either have them purchase a free or 100% discounted product that you then invoice/draft-order them for payment. But that is super clunky because from the start that gives a receipt of purchase to the buyer.

There's also only using the draft-orders system, they fill out  a custom form , you keep payment info on file, send them the invoice/bill when delivered.  Consult your local accountant, and your payment-gateway terms, about keeping consumers payment info on file.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org