Solved

Getting Real Time Carrier Calculated Rates Feature Enabled

Angelo07
Tourist
10 0 1

Hello Shopify Support Team!

I want to enable the Real Time Carrier Calculated Rates feature in our store. I saw that paying a monthly fee of $20 is a way to make it happen. I want to know Where do I need to know to start the process.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (2)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Angelo07!

The carrier calculated shipping rate is available for free to our merchants on the Advanced Shopify Plan. However if you're not on the Advanced Shopify Plan and you'd like to remain on your current plan, to enable this feature you can either:

• Request us to add this to your store for an extra $20 USD a month, like you mentioned.

• Or you can upgrade your billing cycle with your current plan from monthly to annually. If you change your plan cycle to being billed annually, we'll enable the carrier calculated shipping rate onto your store for free. On top of this, Shopify also offers a 10% discount for annual plans.

In any case, to enable the carrier calculated shipping rate you'll need to reach out to our Support Team, as this can only be added from our end. At this stage, we aren't able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community Forums. So please visit our Help Centre, and login to your store here to reach out to our Support Team. We'd be happy to take a closer look at your account, and to add the carrier calculated shipping rates for your store!

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 100

Hi @Angelo07,

As Kimi has mentioned, you have three options to enable carrier calculated shipping;

• Add this feature for an additional $20/month on your current Shopify plan
  • Choose a yearly subscription for your current Basic Shopify plan, with which you can get this option for free.
  • Upgrade your plan to Advanced Shopify Plan

You can choose any of these and then contact Shopify support (faster response via chat) to enable it in your store.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

kingstore
Shopify Partner
175 5 31

There are plenty of apps that can provide you with live shipping rates. Shopify Shipping rates will do this as well if you enable the carriers within shipping settings for your Shopify store. 

If you use a shipping service (ShipStation, EasyPost, Shipping Easy etc.), they will most likely be the ones to provide real-time rate calculation at checkout, and these services will help you fulfill those orders and print a label as well. 

This may be ahead of where you are with your store, however, if you use SKUSavvy it will connect with Shipstation backend so that you can give rates, manage the warehouse and inventory, then pick pack ship product while producing a shipping label in the process. 

The best Shopify Inventory Management App: Purchases, Bin Locations, Visual Inventory, Warehouse Management, Pick Pack Ship, Cycle Counts, and more.
Get your first SKUSavvy Mobile Inventory and Order Fulfillment account free for 50 orders
Schedule a call
Angelo07
Tourist
10 0 1

Thanks Kingstore. Actually I am using a Shopify app that requires this feature enabled. That{s the reason why I want to enable it within Shopify.

kingstore
Shopify Partner
175 5 31

You'll need to go into the shipping settings to enable various rates through your third-party app

This Shopify help article should do the trick.

The best Shopify Inventory Management App: Purchases, Bin Locations, Visual Inventory, Warehouse Management, Pick Pack Ship, Cycle Counts, and more.
Get your first SKUSavvy Mobile Inventory and Order Fulfillment account free for 50 orders
Schedule a call
PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 100

Hi @Angelo07,

As Kimi has mentioned, you have three options to enable carrier calculated shipping;

• Add this feature for an additional $20/month on your current Shopify plan
  • Choose a yearly subscription for your current Basic Shopify plan, with which you can get this option for free.
  • Upgrade your plan to Advanced Shopify Plan

You can choose any of these and then contact Shopify support (faster response via chat) to enable it in your store.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

Hi, @Angelo07!

The carrier calculated shipping rate is available for free to our merchants on the Advanced Shopify Plan. However if you're not on the Advanced Shopify Plan and you'd like to remain on your current plan, to enable this feature you can either:

• Request us to add this to your store for an extra $20 USD a month, like you mentioned.

• Or you can upgrade your billing cycle with your current plan from monthly to annually. If you change your plan cycle to being billed annually, we'll enable the carrier calculated shipping rate onto your store for free. On top of this, Shopify also offers a 10% discount for annual plans.

In any case, to enable the carrier calculated shipping rate you'll need to reach out to our Support Team, as this can only be added from our end. At this stage, we aren't able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community Forums. So please visit our Help Centre, and login to your store here to reach out to our Support Team. We'd be happy to take a closer look at your account, and to add the carrier calculated shipping rates for your store!

Angelo07
Tourist
10 0 1

Thanks Kimi and Hari for the help! I contacted the support team and they enabled the feature!

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

That's perfect, @Angelo07! I'm glad to hear that you've since enabled this feature for your store!