Gift Card Shipping Cost

Anthony521
1 0 1

I am having an issue with the shipping costs regarding gift cards. Our stores free shipping threshold is $20. 

If a customer purchases $15 worth of product as well as a $10 gift card making the order total $25 they are still being charged shipping. I've checked all the settings around gift cards and shipping and don't see how to fix this. 

Replies 10 (10)
MartinDR
2 0 1

Hi Anthony,

We are having teh same problem.

i see no one replied - did you get it sorted, or is there a good work around you can share?

Thanks

Martin

mttd
Shopify Partner
18 0 10

Having the same problem on a clients site, would really appreciate a reply from Shopify on this! 

jrattz
1 0 0

Hi 
We are having the same problem with shipping charges on our store too.  Did anyone get a resolution to this issue?

Thanks!

Lisa Rattz

mttd
Shopify Partner
18 0 10

Hey, 

No solution as such really. The only way I could find is to recreate the gift cards as physical products and then manually (or ideally programmatically) create the gift cards and send out to the customer! 

Long winded and far from ideal, but seems the only way!

Thanks,
Tom

JustinNJ
Excursionist
31 0 4

Well thats just dandy.

I'm new to the platform but I see this being a problem already.

mttd
Shopify Partner
18 0 10
You may be able to find an app to solve the problem, but the likelihood is that it will cost! 

DeonSmit
1 0 0

Any Update on this issue/calculation

shopwhatsgood
Tourist
6 0 5

SAME ISSUE! A customer bought 25 dollars worth of goods and a 25 dollar gift card, then notified me that she didn't receive her free shipping even though she had spent $50 of her hard earned cash. I refunded her the shipping, of course. 
Shopify Said: 
Because it's not considered a sale until it's spent, it cannot count toward the total of the sale. But I feel like that's a Shopify glitch because that's all back end stuff that the customer doesn't care about. 
My question to all of you:
Do you mention this glitch ahead of time on your Gift Card Product Page? If so, what do you say?

mttd
Shopify Partner
18 0 10
Yeah I mean, in mine and any customers mind, there money has been spent! They don't care and feels frustrating to have to explain that to customers...
SWireless
Tourist
3 0 1

I don't understand how an issue like this is still existent until now with a company as big as shopify