Goods arrived damaged, no way to file a claim.

NaomiDarg
Visitor
2 0 0

I can't find where to file an insurance claim for an item that arrived damaged, even though properly bubble wrapped etc. I followed two sets of instructions I found online, both were dead ends literally dead links.

It would be helpful to be able to send another product to the same customer, but how do I get another shipping label for them without having to create a new order?

Replies 4 (4)

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @NaomiDarg

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forum. I'm sorry to hear that one of your packages arrived damaged. I definitely can point you in the right direction to rectify this. 

Before we begin, may I ask which company you shipped your package with? Did you use Shopify Shipping? This will be important context in order to determine the next best steps. 

For example, if you use Shopify Shipping with DHL or UPS then our support team can help you file a claim. If so, please visit our Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support through the Community forum at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Once you have logged in to your account, type your request in 'Ask about a topic', scroll down to 'Get Support' and then click 'Continue.

Whereas, if you used USPS you can file a claim directly with USPS online, it does not need to come through Shopify. If approved, USPS will refund you directly.  You can find the links here:

If you used a third-party shipping carrier, your request will need to go through the company directly. I will look forward to your reply so that we can get to the bottom of this together.

Warmly, 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @NaomiDarg.

Just wanted to check in with you to ensure that you receive all the support you need. If you still have any questions regarding your shipping claim, please don't hesitate to let me know. 

Warmly, 

NaomiDarg
Visitor
2 0 0
No I didn’t. I wasn’t able to file a claim. The system is very convoluted. Shouldn’t be this hard to file a claim. Apparently I’m not connected to SFN even though I buy all my shipping through Shopify?
Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @NaomiDarg.

Sorry to hear that you're still having troubles. If you purchase your shipping labels through Shopify Shipping, we can help. What company was the package shipped with? For reference, here are the shipping carriers we work with: 

Thanks for that additional context! I'm looking forward to hearing back from you so that we can continue working on this together.