Why isn't Shopify verifying my account due to differing names?

Kadayko
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey there,

I’m having a hard time paying out any of my sales because it’s saying that my name on my license doesn’t match the account name so it won’t allow me to verify. The deadline is the 22nd of April ! Please advise as my real name and business name are two different entities. I submitted my license, ofcourse it won’t be the same name as the business. Let me know 

Reply 1 (1)

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

Hi, @Kadayko .

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

It sounds like you're uploading your ID for verification with your Shopify Payments account, is that correct? When you initially set up Shopify Payments, there is a section called Personal details that requires you to input your first and last name, along with your birth date. These details should be for the person associated with the account (typically a business owner or significant shareholder). The ID you submit for verification would then need to match those details you entered during the payment provider setup.

Since this is a public space, I won't be able to view your account details here. However, our support team is more than happy to help you get this sorted. Please get in touch with us via live chat, email, or callback through the Shopify Help Center so we can continue to assist you with this. Thanks!

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog