Why are buyers getting an error message during shipping process?

CC14
Visitor
2 0 0

Updated shipping profile...now when I try to see how the shipping process is complete, buyers are receiving an error message below please help!!!!

CC14_0-1638195493323.png

Replies 4 (4)

Ron-Anderson
Shopify Partner
191 13 33

Hi @CC14,

The message being displayed is Shopify's generic shipping error message. It is displayed when no shipping method is available. There is something in your Profile settings that is preventing any shipping method from being displayed. Without knowing what was updated, it's difficult to diagnose. If you can provide more details about what changed, it may help clarify the issue.

Alternatively, if it's business-critical, you may want to reach out to Shopify support who can help you immediately and review your settings with you.

Best regards,
Ron

Customer Experience Manager @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
CC14
Visitor
2 0 0

Thanks, Ron, I haven't done anything but change the ship from address. There aren't any error messages popping up in the back end of updating the shipping preferences.  Yes this is business critical do you know of a number I can chat with a live person at Shopify? Your help is much appreciated

Thanks,

CC

Ron-Anderson
Shopify Partner
191 13 33

Hi @CC14,

There should be more information about how to contact Shopify support directly here: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/login.

Best regards,
Ron

Customer Experience Manager @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

@CC14 

TL;DR: Your customers will need to select a new rate. 

Much to what @Ron-Anderson suggested, if there are changes to the shipping profiles, it can cause this error to appear for your customers. If the error appears, then your customers will be required to choose a new shipping rate applicable for their current cart items.

To help customers understand this behaviour you can adjust the wording of this so it is clearer to why the message is showing, this can be done in the language editor. For example:

13-36-yk7la-xoaqj.jpg

Note: When rates at checkout are provided by an app or carrier-calculated rates such as USPS, UPS, DHL, etc this error will show if the cart is modified regardless if the rate changes at checkout.

If you or your customers are having issues selecting a new rate, then contacting support as @Ron-Anderson suggested would be the best route for account-specific support. You can do this by logging into your store through the help center, searching your question/issue, then selecting "continue" at the bottom of the page that displays the search results. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog