HELP! My order confirmation email is being sent multiple times!

fairroads
Tourist
12 0 2

Hello guys,

I decided to do a test conversion on my site and thank god I did. I have recieved 3 email confirmations for a single order in 3 hours 91 her hour).  I can confirm that there were not multiple orders that took place. This is happening ever since I marked "fulfill order". What could this mean and what is the recommended action to correct?!

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 11.07.51 PM.png

Replies 7 (7)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hey, @fairroads!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

First off, I'm so glad to see that you're placing a test order before launching. Test orders help you ensure that your store is completely ready for launch. They're also a good way to get a feel for the order process from both the merchant and customer perspective. 

To address your concern around the order confirmation email, there's no need to worry! It looks like you're using Gmail; around the same time you created this post, Google/Gmail was experiencing a widespread issue with emails bouncing. Because the issue affected a large number of Gmail clients, Shopify automatically resent those emails to ensure that they would reach customers' inboxes. Based on the timing, it sounds like this is what happened. Google has reported that the issue is now resolved, so you shouldn't experience this again.

While you're here, I want to pass along our Store Launch Checklist. While placing a test order is on this list, this guide also covers some further actions we suggest taking, like reviewing your shipping and payment settings, adding a contact page, connecting your custom domain, and more. Since you're just about ready to launch your store, this should be pretty useful! 

I hope this clears things up, but let me know if you're still experiencing email issues and I'd be happy to investigate further.

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

kevinYWD
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having the same issue is the above. Why are the confirmation emails being sent multiple times?

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hey, @kevinYWD!

Thanks for hopping into the conversation!

While the multiple confirmation emails @fairroads received were due to a service issue on Google's end, this has since been resolved. In your case, it sounds like there's another issue at hand here. 

Are you able to provide me with some more information about the issue you're experiencing? For example, are you receiving multiple confirmation emails after placing a test order? Are the emails exactly the same? How many emails are you receiving, and when did the issue start? Are you using Gmail, Yahoo, or another email client?

If you're placing a test order, you'll get a confirmation email with your order details. Since you're the merchant, you'll also receive an email notifying you that an order was placed. It's possible that these two emails may be causing some confusion, but we can definitely rule out any technical issues if you can share some more information about the actions you took before the email was sent. If you can share a screenshot like the one shared above, that would also be helpful.

Looking forward to your update!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

gemmwell
Visitor
1 0 0

@Julie I am having the same problem! I placed a test order from my site and received seven duplicate 'shipping update' emails within a 12 hour time frame. Screenshot below. 

This is in addition to the order confirmation, on the way, out for delivery and delivered emails. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 1.00.51 PM.png

This looks super unprofessional and I don't know how to fix it! Please help!

CampCatskill
Visitor
1 0 2

Hi there,

I'm having a similar problem with order confirmation emails being sent multiple times. It appears that I am getting 2 emails for each order, and my customers are also getting 2 emails. I'm working on gmail, but 2 of my customers that received 2 emails each were on Yahoo. Please help!

Unaas
Excursionist
46 0 12

Did you find a solution? I suddenly got the same issue. 

Polytricity
Tourist
3 0 0

I got the same issue too. I'm actually testing live because I want to know the full experience properly only paying some minor paypal fee in the process. I've been testing uploading files for download and its not only giving 2 emails with slightly different download links (to the same product) but also listing older removed versions which makes for a confusing list of versions to the consumer. shopifyIssue.PNG

So basically I 1st uploaded a file to test, then removed it to test as if I was uploading an updated version (the 2 filenames above), not only is the old file still showing, but it has generated 2 of each... This will be confusing for my consumers if I move forwards. Please help!