Solved

HELP shipping not being added at checkout

RebeccaRaff
Tourist
3 1 0

I do not understand what I am doing wrong.  I have launched my site yesterday and had a few orders come through but no one is having to pay for shipping.  I have set up into 3 separate prices but I am so confused why it isnt adding at checkout??

RebeccaRaff_0-1614074339563.png

Accepted Solution (1)
RebeccaRaff
Tourist
3 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Tira

Thank you but I have fixed. I had to add a field as it wasn’t marked as an actual product.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hey, @RebeccaRaff

Tira here from Shopify.

I’m sorry to hear that you haven’t been able to have your customers pay for shipping. Let’s take a look at this together so that you can ship your products and make sure your customers are paying for shipping at checkout.

I appreciate the screenshot that you’ve posted here, this is helpful. I have a few questions I’d like to ask to troubleshoot this with you:

1. Where are your customers making a purchase from? Are they in Australia, or are they purchasing from a different location? In your screenshot, you have rates set-up for Australia, but you don’t have shipping rates set-up for Rest of World. If your customers are trying to purchase from Rest of World, they won’t be able to and won’t see rates at checkout. 
  2. What is the total amount for the purchases that you’re seeing in your customers’ orders? If the total amount of the order does not match what’s listed in your rates here, then the rates will not show. You have a free rate (Free over $140.00) that will execute at checkout if anyone has an order that is $140.00 - $1000.00, but you also have two rates that will charge customers $10 - $15 if they have an order that’s $1 - $140.00. The system will show all of these rates, and customers will likely choose the cheapest option (Free) and the system will show the cheapest option at the top by default. I would change this to something like, $139.99 so that the system knows to charge $10 - $15 for any order under $140.00.

For a refresher on how you can change the price range of your shipping rates, check out our help docs here:

Edit a rate
Create flat shipping rates

If you would like automated shipping rates that are calculated automatically at checkout, I recommend creating calculated shipping rates at checkout. These are rates that are determined at checkout by a third-party shipping service like UPS or DHL and help you to calculate the exact shipping rates to charge a customer at checkout. This could save you some time with manually adding your own rates and you can purchase the shipping labels right in Shopify.

Check out our help doc to learn more about calculated shipping rates here: Setting up Shipping Rates - Create calculated shipping rates. You can add rates using Shopify Shipping, or if you have your own carrier account, then you can add carrier calculated shipping to your account to show third-party calculated shipping rates at checkout. If you would like to explore this option, we can assist you via callback, live chat or email in our Help Centre here, you can log in to your account and create a support request.

Let me know if this helps you see the correct shipping rates at checkout.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

RebeccaRaff
Tourist
3 1 0
Hi

Thank you for your reply. My customers have been in Australia only.

The total sales have been
1) $64.95
2) $129.95

So they should have selected a shipping option but both were able to checkout and pay without paying for shipping.

I have tried to see what I am doing wrong. Followed the steps and it is not calculating any shopping so I am loosing money.

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks
Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Thanks for getting back to me with these details, @RebeccaRaff. I appreciate it. 

I’m looking at these numbers and they definitely fit within the price range of your shipping rate settings shown in your first post’s screenshot, so both of the shipping rates of $10 and $15 should show as available shipping options at checkout. The only circumstances where I can think of where this would not happen is if the order totals were over $140.00, of which the shipping rate would be free as shown in your first reply's screenshot of your shipping rate settings or if there is a technical issue.

What happens when you try to add the same products to your checkout with an Australian address? Do you see an error or are you brought to a page with shipping options?

Let me know when you’ve tried this and please reply with your store URL so that I can take a look at your store to see if I can replicate this too.

Chat soon,

RebeccaRaff
Tourist
3 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Tira

Thank you but I have fixed. I had to add a field as it wasn’t marked as an actual product.

Thanks
Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Thanks for the update, @RebeccaRaff. It sounds like you had the box unchecked for a physical product, which is usually the case if a product is a digital download where there is no shipping required.

I'm glad you got this fixed!  

I will mark your reply as a solution so that anyone who comes across this topic in the community can acknowledge that too.

Cheers,