FROM CACHE - en_header

Help with shipping rates UK shop

Vika-bng
1 0 0

Hi everyone. 

I'm having a low conversion rate at the moment and the big issue comes from my shipping rates.

I'm based in the UK and I have a Royal Mail business account, so that's what I use for my shipping.

Unfortunately shopping doesn't have an app that calculates shipping rates in the uk with royal mail, so I'm struggling with my shipping fees.

I had to manually set up each region and shipping options, products by products, and is still not reliable. 

My shipping rates are too high, because shopify add up shipping instead combining the different profiles to make a most affordable shipping price.

Is there any app that would make my life easier and solve this problem while using royal mail?

I just need something that combines my shipping profiles instead add them up and make the shipping super expensive. 

Thanks a lot in advance x

Replies 3 (3)
Ron-Anderson
Shopify Partner
178 14 28

Hi @Vika-bng,

Intuitive Shipping can help with this. While we don't have an integration with Royal Mail at this time, we can help you overcome the issue you're having with Shopify's blending.

Our Scenarios work similarly to Shopify Profiles, except that you have more control and flexibility with how rates are calculated and combined. If you want to offer a dominant shipping rate rather than just summing rates together, you can easily set that up.

For example, if you have Product A, Product B and Product C and each has its own shipping rate, if a customer orders all three products, you can change just the shipping rate for Product A.

You will still need to set up your Royal Mail rates manually, but at least you'll have better control of what rates are being charged when. 

If you would like to learn more about Intuitive Shipping, please feel free to book a demo with one of our team members who can take you through the app in real time and answer any questions you might have.

Intuitive Shipping is free to install and use in Sandbox mode for an unlimited time, so you can try it out and make sure it works for your store before activating and starting a live free trial period.

Please note that to use Intuitive Shipping - or any third-party rate calculation app - Shopify requires that you enable their third-party carrier-calculated shipping rates feature. This feature is $20 USD per month. If you change your Shopify billing to annual, they will add the feature at no additional cost (plus they will reduce your billing plan by 10%). If you're on the Advanced plan or higher, this feature is already included and activated by default.

Best regards,

Ron

Customer Experience Manager @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1670 154 366

Hi @Vika-bng,

Thank you for getting in touch. @Ron-Anderson has provided some great information in their reply; using an app such as Intuitive Shipping allows you to have greater control over your shipping rates and how they apply at checkout. There are a variety of other shipping apps on the Shopify App Store that can help you with this as well.

Getting your shipping rates right is one of the most difficult aspects of setting up an online store, as you want to earn back enough from them to prevent you from making a loss when fulfilling orders while still keeping them cheap enough to not be a deterrent for potential customers. Some trial and error is usually required.

One of the benefits of using live rates at checkout is that it makes it easier for you to more accurately charge customers what you will need to pay to ship your orders, rather than setting manual rates within your shipping profiles and zones. Adding the third-party carrier-calculated shipping feature to your store will allow you to use live rates from a variety of apps and suppliers. Apps such as PH MultiCarrier Shipping Label allow you to offer rates to your customers at checkout from Royal Mail, as well as a variety of other couriers.

As mentioned, this feature does come with an additional monthly cost of $20 USD if you are not on the Advanced or Plus plan. We also offer this feature for free if you opt to pay for your Shopify subscription on an annual basis. If you're interested in enabling this feature, please contact our support team directly for further assistance.

I hope this helps but please let me know if you've any other questions.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Anindita
Shopify Partner
535 27 69

Hi @Vika-bng,

As mentioned by @Victor, you can check out PH MultiCarrier Shipping Label App. 

The app allows you to display live Royal Mail shipping rates. Also, you can print shipping labels & set up multiple shipping rules, add shipping profiles & track your orders!

Let me know if you need any assistance or you can reach out to our team of experts.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping