How 3rd party payment gateways work for withdrawal

Kami11
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi everyone.

I want to sell my dropshipping products internationally. So i have to use a 3rd party payment gateways to support most of the countries.

I have two questions here.

1- how the provider ex. 2Checkout works? When a customer pay for a product how the money will be send to my bank account? Do they directly tranfer my money into my bank account or it’s going into Shopify first then i can withdrawal in shopify whenever i want. If not, then how shopify charges it’s fees?

2- Does a 3rd party payment gateway provider like  2Checkout supports Iraq banks? Can i withdraw or get my money into my bank account with 2Checkout?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Luna
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
205 23 33

Hey, @Kami11.

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums. I can definitely understand the importance of learning more about your payment provider options, I'm here to help! 

To address your first question, each third-party payment provider will have its own set of policies regarding your payouts. For this reason, it's really important to direct questions about this to the payment provider (2Checkout) directly. In the meantime, I did find this document from their website regarding payouts. This means that your payouts will not be held by Shopify and would be sent to by the third-party provider directly. If you use a third-party provider, such as 2Checkout, you are charged transaction fees each time a customer makes a purchase using a third-party provider. To learn more about this check out our help document: Third-party payment providers

To see a breakdown of the transaction fees, you can access your billing information by following these steps: 

1. From the Shopify admin, click Settings.

2. Click Billing.

3. Click on the bill you want to view in the Bills section.

4. If a bill includes transaction fees, then the Transaction fees section will have links to the associated orders. Click to see the information.

Depending on where your business is located, you can view the list of payment gateways available here: Online Payment Gateways. To learn more about the services provided by the payment provider of your choice, I recommend reaching out directly to them.

Please let me know if you have any questions. In the meantime, it sounds like you are working on starting a new business venture, congrats! What type of products will you be selling? 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Kami11
Tourist
5 0 0

Thank you Luna for your answer.

I think now I understand it. It’s like only 2Checkout charges it’s fee in each of my customer orders. And then I have to pay Shopify billing manually.

I checked and 2Checkout is supported in Iraq but i think it’s for my customers. But what about me when i withdraw my money from 2Checkout into my bank account. Does 2Checkout works with all banks in my country. However i have to ask this question to 2Checkout directly.

0 Likes
Kami11
Tourist
5 0 0

I don’t see my country in this link!

https://www.shopify.com/payment-gateways
what should i do?

0 Likes
Luna
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
205 23 33

Hey, @Kami11.

Thanks for getting back to me here. To gather a little bit more context, may I ask which country you are located in? I would be more than happy to take a closer look into this for you.

Talk soon, 

0 Likes
Kami11
Tourist
5 0 0

Thank you.

I am located in Iraq

0 Likes
Luna
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
205 23 33

Hi, @Kami11.

Thank you for that additional context. We do appreciate you choosing our platform to start your dropshipping business! You can see a list of support gateways in Iraq here: Iraq Payment Gateways:

27-54-73129-26263

I'd love to hear more about your plans for your dropshipping buisness. Have you decided on a provider? I wanted to share a great dropshipping guide provided by Oberlo, which is a dropshipping app by Shopify that allows you to source products from Aliexpress suppliers. 

Talk soon,

0 Likes
Luna
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
205 23 33

Hey, @Kami11.

Just checking in with you here. I want to ensure that you get all the help you need. Please don't hesitate to reach back out if there is anything else I can help with.

Best, 

0 Likes
MoH1Mm9D
1 0 0

The payment gateway that supports shopify in Iraq is PayTabs only. You can search for them and contact their support team. Thank you.

0 Likes