To continue receiving payouts, you need to secure your account by turning on two-step authentication. If two-step authentication is not turned on your payouts will be paused. Learn more

How do I assign a Location inside the warehouse e.g. Rack or Bin number?

sufferkate
2 0 6

I realise I'm probably missing something really obvious, but how do I assign an inventory item with a picking location inside my warehouse that I can then have appear on the packing slip?

I know I can assign a whole different geographic location, but how about which shelf number the item is on?

Replies 4 (4)
myinboardmarine
Tourist
4 0 0

Same question. Is there an app?

@sufferkate wrote:

I realise I'm probably missing something really obvious, but how do I assign an inventory item with a picking location inside my warehouse that I can then have appear on the packing slip?

I know I can assign a whole different geographic location, but how about which shelf number the item is on?

sufferkate
2 0 6

I didn't find an off the shelf app, so I started talking to a developer about a bespoke one, which can be easily done. However, in the end I got around the problem by just tacking a location code on to the end of the SKU. It doesn't affect stock tracking and can be edited relatively easily.

Anto_S
Shopify Partner
146 4 18

@sufferkate @myinboardmarine 

In case you are still looking for setting up picking locations in your warehouse on pick list - we have recently released a solution on the Sheet Master app https://apps.shopify.com/sheet-master (currently free, screenshot of the pick list is below).

Users can set up custom shelf & bin locations, and generate pick lists in custom formats - happy to help with a custom setup in case you need it.  

Video demo of a pick list with warehouse locations : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O12azLZcmjo

Anto_S_0-1636681112848.png

Automating Commerce at Comstack.co
Email: anto@comstack.co
kingstore
Shopify Partner
156 4 23

Hey @sufferkate you can utilize SKUSavvy for this task, which is free for 50 orders per month. It will provide you with a visual warehouse layout showing each of your bin locations, shelves, and areas within the warehouse on a map.

This map is used to show locations of inventory, as well as to assemble pick paths from the orders coming directly from your Shopify store. SKUSavvy intelligently arranges the pick path and provides a map of exactly where to go and how to most efficiently pick the products needed for a batch of orders. 

Visual pick pack through the warehouseVisual pick pack through the warehouse

Go ahead and get a free SKUSavvy account here and calculate your ongoing costs based on order volume from $0.19-$0.04 per order. 

The best Shopify Inventory Management App: Purchases, Bin Locations, Visual Inventory, Warehouse Management, Pick Pack Ship, Cycle Counts, and more.
Get your first SKUSavvy Mobile Inventory and Order Fulfillment account free for 50 orders
Schedule a call