Solved

How do I change my payment info when it is still waiting for verification?

Jackmane
Visitor
2 0 0

I wasn't aware I needed to be 18 which I will be in one month, but I cant change the verification of my payments to my parents account. How do I change the name when it asks for ID verification?

Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 3.10.01 PM.png

Accepted Solution (1)

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 222

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Jackmane! Welcome to Shopify Community!

As per Section 1.2 of our Terms of Service, you need to be at least 18 years old to be able to use our services. With that being said, you can have a parent or a guardian start a Shopify store on your behalf, therefore updating the name on your Shopify Payments account is the next best step here.

Because your concern involves sensitive information, we’ll need to access your account to help you update the account owner name. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

In order to save some time, and help the Support Advisor you speak with to pick up from where you and I have left off, I am going to provide you with a summary of the issue as I understand it. You can share this summary at the beginning of your conversation with the agent to bring you both up to speed and help to get your answers as quickly as possible.

Issue Summary: Update Shopify Payments account name to parent's name due to being under 18

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 222

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Jackmane! Welcome to Shopify Community!

As per Section 1.2 of our Terms of Service, you need to be at least 18 years old to be able to use our services. With that being said, you can have a parent or a guardian start a Shopify store on your behalf, therefore updating the name on your Shopify Payments account is the next best step here.

Because your concern involves sensitive information, we’ll need to access your account to help you update the account owner name. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

In order to save some time, and help the Support Advisor you speak with to pick up from where you and I have left off, I am going to provide you with a summary of the issue as I understand it. You can share this summary at the beginning of your conversation with the agent to bring you both up to speed and help to get your answers as quickly as possible.

Issue Summary: Update Shopify Payments account name to parent's name due to being under 18

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Jackmane
Visitor
2 0 0

Where can I contact support? The links just goto FAQ and there is nowhere I can find a contact link to talk to someone.

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 222

@Jackmane After clicking the support link I shared and logging in, enter the topic of your concern in the text box on the next page. Then scroll down and click Continue underneath Get Support.