Solved

How do I change shipping carrier description from 'standard' to 'Parcel Post'?

BaaBaa
Excursionist
15 1 3

How do I change shipping carrier description from 'standard' to 'Parcel Post'?

The issue is that 'standard' shipping does not mean anything while we should be saying 'Carrier is AusPost Parcel Post'

and for Express Post rather than 'Express'

Help please!!

Accepted Solution (1)
PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 100

This is an accepted solution.

Hi,

Yes, if you want to display live rates at the Shopify checkout page, you have to enable carrier-calculated shipping feature available for an additional $20/month. 

This feature can also be enabled by choosing any of the following 2 options as well;

• Choose a yearly subscription for your current Shopify plan, with which you can get this option for free.
  • Upgrade your plan to Advanced Shopify Plan

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 100

Hi @BaaBaa,

As you may know, Shopify shipping is available in Australia only with Sendle. So, I hope you are using an app to handle Australia Post shipping with Shopify. Now, if you are using Australia Post with Shopify and enabled carrier-calculated shipping in your store, you can display real-time shipping rates from Australia Post at checkout which includes services like Parcel Post and Express Post. If you haven't enabled carrier-calculated shipping, there are 3 options;

• Add this feature for an additional $20/month on your current Shopify plan
  • Choose a yearly subscription for your current Shopify plan, with which you can get this option for free.

There are other apps available like the Australia Post Rates & Labels, that helps you display live Australia Post rates at checkout and change the names of the services according to your requirement.

Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
BaaBaa
Excursionist
15 1 3

Thank you!!

BaaBaa
Excursionist
15 1 3
Firstly, thank you for your help.

To ensure that I understand...
Given that I have carrier-calculated shipping installed/subscription. and I
have the Australia Post Post Rates & Labels application.. then..
I would not need to have any other software/apps to be able to offer
shipping choices in the checkout process?

PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 100

Hi @BaaBaa,

Yes, if you have carrier-calculated shipping enabled on your store along with the Australia Post Rates & Labels app, you do not require any other apps to display Australia Post rates at checkout. The app allows you to display rates along with the option to print Australia Post shipping labels and to send tracking number to your customers. You can try the app with a 15-day free trial as well.

BaaBaa
Excursionist
15 1 3
I am most appreciative of your help.
Hopefully this is my last issue.. Would I also need to subscribe to the
Shopify live shipping $20/month as well?
Kind Regards, Bruce
PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 100

This is an accepted solution.

Hi,

Yes, if you want to display live rates at the Shopify checkout page, you have to enable carrier-calculated shipping feature available for an additional $20/month. 

This feature can also be enabled by choosing any of the following 2 options as well;

BaaBaa
Excursionist
15 1 3

Your feedback was GREAT thank you!!
But I suspect it is now a bit out-of-date.

Now if we are using the latest standard version of Shopify and have paid the $20 for realtime Auspost processing. Do we need to also pay for any other app to provide real time delivery costs quotes to customers online?

Also could you confirm that your AusPost/Shopify processing is available now?

PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 100

Hi @BaaBaa,

Now if we are using the latest standard version of Shopify and have paid the $20 for realtime Auspost processing. Do we need to also pay for any other app to provide real time delivery costs quotes to customers online?

Yes, since Shopify shipping is available in Australia only using Sendle, you will have to use an app to calculate and display Australia Post rates at the Shopify checkout. 

Yes, the Australia Post Rates & Labels app is still available. You can try the app with a 15-day free trial as well.