Accepting credit cards, warehouses, and shipping and fulfilling orders
I'm starting my shop, I got a template. Discovered Oberlo while watching your tutorials. I downloaded the app and got busy looking for products and adding them to my list. Now I have a few questions?
1. Does every vendor found on Oberlo automatically makes them a drop-shipper distributor? Do I still need to make initial contact with the distributor, even if I'm ready to launch?
2. Some offer free shipping, some don't I list my final price accordingly and plan to list my products with "Free Shipping" Is that done under the shipping section under "settings" or do I also need to alter the code or add an app for that?
3. Under the shipping area... The "Shipping From" area shows my address but since the products are being fulfilled by the distributors, is there a setting I'm missing to deselect my home address as the source of shipping?
I'm sorry about the multiple questions but after working for the last couple of days I have hit the wall here and I'm unable to move forward. I thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
Sophia here from Shopify. Congratulations on getting started, and welcome to the Shopify Community!
I'm happy to see that you're being proactive in asking these questions now to ensure that you're setting up for success. I've listed your questions again here and posted my answers below each:
In case you haven't seen it yet, I recommend checking out the How to Start a Dropshipping Business course along with the other free courses available through Shopify Compass. Oberlo 101 is free for a limited time as well, and that course will walk you through the step-by-step setup as well as marketing your store on Facebook if you're looking into paid advertising once you've launched.
Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog
We're excited to announce improvements to the threaded messaging experience in our communi...By TyW May 31, 2023
Thank you to everyone who participated in our AMA with Klaviyo. It was great to see so man...By Jacqui May 30, 2023
Photo by Marco Verch Sales channels on Shopify are various platforms where you can sell...By Ollie May 25, 2023