How do returns work?

Solved
Donnevan
Tourist
7 0 1

I have read all I could find but can’t seem to find an answer. I’m selling t-shirts, if there is a return does it come to me or does it go to the supplier? Is it their problem or mine?

thanks

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1045 114 189

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Donnevan,

Hyde here from Shopify. Great question!

When you run a store and sell products, you may occasionally have refund or return requests. As the manager of that store, it will be your responsibility to fulfill those requests.

We do have a full guide on how to create returns and refunds, but what's perhaps most important to have in place first is a store refund policy.

Outlining what your policies are in black-and-white is one way to show your customers that you are a trustworthy, transparent brand. There are several other ways of doing so and they're listed in our post on developing buyer trust.

You mentioned you're selling t-shirts and that you have a supplier, so I'm assuming you are using Print on Demand as your business model. We have some wonderful resources in our Shopify Academy - tutorials and courses and guides - that I recommend you have a look at. They're absolutely free and they're delivered by experts, so you could glean a lot of useful information and advice from watching them!

I hope this information helps! All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Donnevan
Tourist
7 0 1

Thank you for the effort that went into your answer. It’s just what I needed.

Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1045 114 189

You're most welcome! If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to let me know! -Hyde

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes