How to Activate multi-origin shipping?

saicrish
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi,

I am not able to activate multi origin shipping option.

I do not see the following option at all

• From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Shipping and delivery.
  • In the Delivery methods at checkout section, click Manage rates.
  • In the Shipping from section, click Activate multi-origin shipping.

I only see the different shipping locations in the Shipping from section but no option to activate multi origin shipping.

Can someone please help?

Regards,

Sai.

Replies 23 (23)
Helen
Shopify Staff
1385 168 228

Thanks for that additional information, @arsenalpilgrim. It sounds like you did have your payment gateway in test mode, but this specifically shouldn’t affect whether or not you see Local Pickup in your checkout. 

However, one limitation with Local Pickup is that accelerated checkouts, with the exception of Shop Pay, are not currently supported with it. Therefore, if once test mode was removed, an accelerated checkout (Paypal, Google Pay or Apple Pay) was chosen as a payment method instead of your payment gateway, then Local Pickup would not show up as an option on the shipping page in your checkout. All the requirements for seeing Local Pickup in the checkout are found in the Help Doc Local Pickup for online orders - Checkout experience. Is it possible that this is what you were experiencing? 

Sorry to hear you’re also having trouble entering your bank data. Are you trying to set it up for a Shopify Payments account? What exactly happens when you try to? Are you receiving any error messages?

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Helen
Shopify Staff
1385 168 228

Hey, @Hobbyhabits. Welcome to the Community! Thanks for reaching out.

If multi-origin shipping is set up on your store, even though you only use one location, then Local Pickup should appear at the checkout if these criteria are met:

18-20-7596-83432

Please double check and confirm that the above requirements are being met, and we’ll go from there. Thanks!

arsenalpilgrim
Tourist
15 0 1

Sorry for slow response. I missed your reply.

As followup.

None of the accelerated payments were used. Just Shopify payments.

My understanding is the physical product setting is affecting how the Pickup option is working. As it is a physical product it wants to be shipped.

I'll go back and work on another test.

I've resolved part of the banking problem. Using 2 factor authentication I was able to find the bank details, they're revealed. My challenge now is trying o trace an ACH transfer. I'll try and post elsewhere.

Thanks,

Richard

Helen
Shopify Staff
1385 168 228

No worries, @arsenalpilgrim. I appreciate you replying at all! 

I see where your thought process is with products being marked as physical products. However, it is a requirement to be a physical product in order to enable Local Pickup on those products (see here). Unchecking the This is a physical product box would identify it as a digital product instead, and digital products cannot be physically handled. 

That being said, and from what you’ve already explained that you’ve experienced in regards to Local Pickup only appearing for products that are not identified as physical products, I think it would be best to have a closer look at this. We may even need to loop in our Tech team if it isn’t functioning properly in your store. 

In order to do so, we’ll need to access your account. However, at this time we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community, therefore, please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request via live chat, email or phone callback.

Let me know how it goes!