how to add applepay with stripe

jiang_cheng
Visitor
2 0 0

I had add the stripe in my shop, it works fine. I want add apple pay to my shop also. I visited document in the stripe website. it's said  I must upload a verification file to the server of my domain, I cunfused it. what should I do, thank you

Replies 30 (30)

Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

Hey, Jiang!

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

In most cases, you'll find out Apple Pay is already set up. To check, go to Settings > Payment Providers in your admin. Click Edit next to Stripe. You should then see information that looks like this:

If you can see the tick in the box next to the Apple Pay logo, you will know it is activated.

Keep in mind, Apple Pay will only show up on Safari and Apple devices. If your customer is using an Android device or Chrome (for example), they won't see the option to pay that way. You can find more information in this guide.

Please let me know if you are still having problems and I will reach out to you by email.

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

B_R-25
Shopify Partner
65 1 6

Hello @Aria I have the same problem with apple pay and stripe, I have already apple pay option tick but when I try to complete a payment using apple pay i got the error message like: payment with apple pay not completed, the website is not able to complete the transaction, try again

Can you help me to solve this?

thanks

Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

Hey, @B_R-25!

We can certainly look into that for you but first, we'd need to authenticate you so we can have a look at the transactions in question. Can you please contact us at Shopify Support so we can help you out. 

Thank you!

B_R-25
Shopify Partner
65 1 6

hello @Aria,

I already contact the support. I tried today and seems apple pay now is finally working but really don't know hwat was the problem.

thanks

tanbobo
Visitor
2 0 0

i have similar problem that cannot save after checking out apple pay in stripe at admin page of shopify. why?

sambure
Tourist
5 0 5

Aria, 

Thanks, I am having the same issue.

But Stripe requires an additional step to verify the domain. How do we upload the verification file so that it sits to an URL like this one: https://example.com/.well-known/apple-developer-merchantid-domain-association

This is from Stripe settings:

Screenshot 2020-09-28 at 02.50.58.png

Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

Hey, @sambure!

You can upload the file in the Files section of your admin (Settings > Files). You will then be given the appropriate URL.

Let me know how you get on with that.

sambure
Tourist
5 0 5

Hey @Aria , 

Thanks, I did that. But the URL is in the https://cdn.shopify.com/  ... format and Stripe.com requires 

Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

Did you try the Shopify provided URL to see if it works? The URL is automatically generated. What is it about the example URL you feel you need?

If you're still having difficulty, it's best to reach out to Stripe to find out how you can meet their requirements.

sambure
Tourist
5 0 5

There is no way i can predetermine or set the URL of the uploaded file on Shopify. And Stripe requires I use that predetermined URL.

As I did not connect my domain yet with my Shopify shop, I uploaded the file on my domain now but once I connect it to Shopify that URL will stop working as all the traffic to my domain will be redirected to Shopify. 

I have addressed this issue both with Shopify an Strip support and there is no solution yet. 

It's mind boggling that 3 HUGE companies: Shopify, Stripe and Apple have not found a way to operate together in this task.

Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

Hey, @sambure!

There are many Shopify merchants who have already been successfully using Apple Pay with Stripe so it can be done for sure. With Shopify Payments, it's as simple as ticking a box in the payment gateway, no URL required. I was under the impression Stripe worked like this too:

20-10-qy9x2-9pl23

You can find the rest of the instructions in this guide. Where are you seeing the information that you need a URL to set it up?

Certainly, if Stripe is insisting on this, they will need to provide you with the complete instructions to obtain the URL. Many of their clients have Shopify stores so they should be aware of where you need to go to get this.

Tamara_1
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi there!! Did you find any solution for this? We would really appreciate any input! 

liudoox
Visitor
2 0 2

had same issue - Apple Pay not live on Stripe side although enabled on Shopify side.

Contacted Stripe support and they solved the problem in 15 mins.

liudoox_0-1612610120422.png

ShopWbk
Visitor
2 0 1

Same problem here. I have contacted stripe and they could not help. This set up is insane. How come Stripe / Shopify / Apple Pay are not working together on this? Is it because Shopify don't want you to use stripe anymore??
@liudoox What did stripe do for you there? Stripe support seemed hopeless for me!

ShopWbk
Visitor
2 0 1

OK. So, after checking myself while both Stripe and Shopify support seemed to have no clue. 

Simply activate Apple Pay on the Shopify side is enough. There nothing to do on the Stripe side. Apple Pay works (I made a payment like that on my own website) even though it seems it is not live on Stripe side.

Frankv1
Visitor
1 0 0

How come no one from Shopify answers these questions or informs sellers how to do this..

It's such a simple request yet no one at shopify tells you how to do this...

Kleinermann
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, i have same problem

There is note from stripe when i try to activate it "You do not have the correct file hosted at https://Store/.well-known/apple-developer-merchantid-domain-association  To verify with Apple that you control your domain, you must host this file: (file) "

Here is full instruction from stripe: 

1. Provide the domain where the file will be hosted
Input the top-level domain (e.g. stripe.com) or sub-domain (e.g. shop.stripe.com) that you wish to enable Apple Pay for.

2. Download verification file…

3. Host the verification file
You'll need to host the verification file you downloaded above at your domain in the following location:

But i can not find any solution for Shopify 
P.S. All settings into Shopify are ok

HynekZ
Shopify Partner
2 0 7

hi there, 

Same issue here. Apple Pay doesn’t work as it comes with error message and in Stripe setting I have tu upload some file into my domain which is not possilbe with Shopify. 

Ablad
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello! 

Was there any solution? 4 years and still @Shopify cant host a fille to verify apple pay! 

ANY help please! thanks 

busyhouse
Tourist
4 0 6

4 years 3 months later we still have no clue how to import that stripe file so stripe ca nverify the site. This is crazy that shopify hires customer support that camp on their position and don't actually know how to set it up because they don't even have a store themselves. Shopify should hire customer support that have been through the struggle of the problem. Customer support don't understand us, crazy.

Devante
Visitor
2 0 1

Has anyone figured out where to host this file so stripe can verify apple pay??  Need to get it sorted asappp 

any help appreciated 

Ablad
Tourist
3 0 1

nothing!!!! 

AKBella
Visitor
1 0 1

I am having the same issue. I have no idea where to put the file.  This is just so stressful, I don’t get why they have a check button for Apple Pay but it doesn’t function…smh and its like everyone at stripe and Shopify are clueless when it comes to helping its store owners fix the issue. Hmmm Strange 😞 

Dusza
Visitor
2 0 0

I don not have a solution yet and Shopify has been terrible and providing support for this. After many support tickets and chats I was able to determine that selling Apple considered my store as selling pseudo-pharmaceutical products which is against TOS so therefore, Apple Pay won't work. I am in the process of contacting Apple for support to see what steps I can take next. The Shopify admin has no useful system prompts of logging that provided any of this information so it was very frustrating and like pulling teeth with Shopify support. I will provide an update if I get one.

gergokerenyi02
Visitor
1 0 0

The following steps should fix the issue:

1) Uncheck Apple Pay under the Manage tab in Shopify Payments tab and click save.

2) In Settings>Checkout for the “Shipping address phone number” select Optional and click “Save”.

3) Reactive Apple Pay in Settings>Payments under Manage tab.
AJ84
Visitor
3 0 0

I tried this, didn't work. 

yusuf10
Visitor
2 0 0

Has anyone been able to solve this problem?

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2090 147 247

Hi, @yusuf10!

Thanks for joining the thread.

To confirm, do you already have Apple Pay enabled within your Shopify admin > Settings > Payments section? Once Apple Pay is enabled, you'll want to contact Stripe to ensure it is set up on their end as well. 

Victoria | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

jiang_cheng
Visitor
2 0 0

oh, I found the checked box in the Payment Providers Page, thank you. I tested applepay in my ipad,maybe I should find another iphone device for test applepay.  

Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

Hey, Jiang!

Aria again!

I'm glad you figured it out. If you use Safari on your iPad, you should find it works. ?

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify