How to affiliate a defined package size with a product?

pfar54
Visitor
2 0 0

I am setting up a Shopify store that has a very diverse set of package sizes and weight. When importing the products, I included the shipping weight. In the Shipping and Delivery settings page, I just set up multiple package sizes. I don't see a way to affiliate a package size to a specific product. The only section I see where a product can be affiliated is the shipping profile section. However, on the flip side, there isn't a way to affiliate a package with that.

Any thoughts on what I could do?

Replies 4 (4)

PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 100

Hi @pfar54,

Shopify only offers one box size to be sent off for live rate calculations, regardless of the size of the actual order. Although you can create multiple package sizes, you can only choose one "default package" for all your orders. You won't be able to add separate packages for each of the products. You can look into this guide from Shopify for a better understanding.

To handle this, you will have to use an app like the Multi Carrier Shipping Label that allows you to add custom boxes based on your product weight & dimensions. With the box packing algorithm in the app, you can set up different packages for your products based on the weight & dimensions. So, whenever your customer places an order, the app automatically chooses the right box and calculates the shipping rates accordingly. Also, with the app, you can print labels, and also automate the tracking process. 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
pfar54
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you! Will this send back an estimated shipping cost when a customer is placing an order? I looked over the description and didn't see anything about different package sizes. Any other app recommendations that others think are better?

PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 100

Hi @pfar54,

Yes, the Multi Carrier Shipping Label app displays live/estimated shipping costs from different carrier services at Shopify checkout based on factors like; 

• Shipper address
  • Destination address
  • Weight of shipment
  • Dimensions of the shipment

The app allows you to add custom boxes/packages based on your product weight & dimensions and automatically choose the right box based on what your customer orders. You can try the app with a 14-day free trial and contact the support for any assistance required.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping

David_Ayres
Tourist
6 0 0

We all need to bombard Shopify with a request to change the settings to be able to select shipping profiles with different package size not just only allowing one package size. If you can create more the one option should be able to use them with out another 3rd party app