How to cancel payments with a inactive store

WillHunt
Visitor
2 0 0

I got a shopify store three months ago, with the free trial, now that the free trial has run out, I dont really have any interest in using shopify anymore. I keeps emailing me saying my payment has failed, and I just want to cancel the attempted payments on my account. But whenever I try to do something about it, it brings me to a page that says "Inactive account please buy another subscription." Or something like that. I would like if shopify stops emailing and attempting to charge me. Thanks

Replies 3 (3)
Emily
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1161 94 180

Hi, @WillHunt!

Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry you are having issues with your store. 

To stop receiving those emails, you will need to close your store completely. Are you able to access your admin? or is that where you are seeing the inactive message? 

Talk soon,

Emily | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

WillHunt
Visitor
2 0 0

No, it has completely locked me out of anything, I feel like the only way to access my billing would be to buy another subscription, which I dont want.

Emily
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1161 94 180

Hey, @WillHunt.

Thank you for your reply! 

You would need to log into your account to close your store, which would include selecting and paying for a plan however, you can then reach out to our Support Team for a refund once you have closed your store. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Emily | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog