How to effectively tackle Shopify's double shipping fees issue?

Ricknelsoniiik9
Visitor
2 0 0

So here we are 2023 and Shopify still has no answer for the override to doubling shipping fees to customers because you have two different shipping locations. I ran into the problem when I started using printify and also have custom items I make myself and ship. I researched and found this problem has been going on for nearly 4 years. I contacted shopify and not only did they not have an answer still, I had to provide the links to their own community threads so they could review them. This is absolutely ridiculous. Their answer was try a 3rd party app. I am tired of having to pay a third party for every little thing I do with my business. No i dont want to change to a more expensive plan for something so basic. How hard is it for shopify to create an option to override multiple location shipping fees??!!!!! NOW I'm trying to have a sale and find that I can't let my customers use a shipping code to negate these cost and combine it with a 20% off sale. Shopify automatically picks the best discount to apply (negates the 20% one of the items and puts the other set price discount on it)! No shopify I have to do both to deal with the original problem!!!!! So my question is has anyone used wix or any other e-commerce site and no I don't care that this is a shopify forum. That is the point. I am ready to go else where. They are costing their clients money and don't care. 

Reply 1 (1)

Ricknelsoniiik9
Visitor
2 0 0

UPDATE.....So once again today I asked about this override. I was told they have heard this and are "actively working on a solution." So 4 years and they still can not figure this out. I have also read in many threads that 3rd party shipping apps can not resolve this issue either. So you either need to do free shipping on the orders or stop selling products except from one location. So drop shipping is a no go for shopify unless you can afford free shipping. No customer ever will pay $9.50 shipping for $30 sale.