How to fulfill and print shipping labels

stephaniea1
Tourist
4 0 1

I am using Shopify and launching my website soon from Portugal and I have been trying for weeks now researching online and on YouTube and on Shopify help how to print shipping labels and ship worldwide but I can’t find any answer, that ‘create shipping label’ button isn’t available to me as I am in Portugal so I’m not sure how to do this, can someone please help 

Replies 4 (4)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @stephaniea1,

Sorry that you are facing issues. May I know which carrier you are using?

Currently, Shopify Shipping is available to merchants in the United States, Canada, and Australia.
Since you are outside of the US and Canada, you can add carrier calculated shipping in your store to connect existing carrier accounts, and handle the shipping. You can check out the details here 

stephaniea1
Tourist
4 0 1

i dont have a carrier, i am still not selling and i am trying to figure out how to print and pay for shipping labels on shopify like america can do with shopify shipping instead of having to pay at the post office, it will cost more for me to work with a carrier and pay extra to add third party carrier to shopify, is there anyway you can help me figure out an app to print shipping labels and pay for them online and then just drop off the orders at the post office without having to pay there?

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 212

Hey, @stephaniea1.

Tira here to help. Thanks @Anonymous for chiming in, I just wanted to add my thoughts and insights here in addition to what you've said.

That’s great you’re launching your store! I appreciate that you’ve been doing a lot of research on shipping in Portugal. I would love to provide you with some insight.

You’re correct, @stephaniea1 the “Create Shipping label” button is not available in Portugal and is available with Shopify Shipping in the United States, Canada and Australia. Shopify Shipping allows you to access discounted rates and print the shipping labels directly from your admin. Take a look at our help docs here: Shopify Shipping.

Since you are shipping from outside of these countries, you will need to print your labels through a carrier or an app. Here are some of the shipping carriers available in Portugal that I recommend checking out: DHL, FedEx, UPS, CTT, & Chronopost

Here are some apps I found for you that help with shipping in Portugal:

AfterShip Order Tracking Page by AfterShip & Automizely  - Helps with tracking shipments on your store 

ShippyPro - Returns & Labels by Italian Valley SRL - Create shipping labels with multiple carriers (like Chronopost), track packages and send notifications

Post & DHL Shipping (official) by DHL - An app that will help you create shipping labels and send tracking IDs to your customers

Check out similar apps here: Shipping apps. These are third-party apps developed by third-party providers. I recommend using the information under the “Support” section of the app’s page should you have any questions or insights. 

I know you're just starting out and want to make some sales before you can ship, and that's totally okay. Here's a great guide on how you can make your first sale in 30 days, from our blog: How to Get Your First Sale in 30 Days: A Marketing Checklist for New Entrepreneurs. One of my favourite tips in this blog post is joining Facebook groups online and participating in them to connect with your target audience. If you don't have a target audience for your store yet, read up on how to create one and why it's important in our blog here: Defining Your Audience: Strengthen Customer Messages With Target Marketing.

Have you tried any of these shipping carriers or marketing before?

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

stephaniea1
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey, thank you so much for your help but i was informed by dhl that i can only have an account with dhl and the credentials if i am a business and as i am a small business i dont qualify so they told me to create shipments manually however when i did this it was over 50 euros for shipping so thats not an option which means i cant use ship and co, are there any other ways i can print shipping labels and fulfill orders that way?