how to get shipping rate to display

Kathy_Cruz
3 0 0

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to get the shipping rate to display before the customer starts the checkout process?  I am using the minimal theme, I have a basic plan with shopify and shipping rates are calculated based on weight.  I am finding that customers are adding items to their cart but then not moving forward which leads me to believe they want to know what the shipping rate is before they start entering their personal information.  Thank you. 

Replies 2 (2)
Jami
Shopify Staff
207 1 26

Hi Kathy, 

Jamie here from Shopify. Neat idea! With the Shopify checkout we show shipping rates as soon as we know *where* they want to ship. As shipping rates can vary wildly depending on the location, after shipping details have been enterred is typically the best place shipping rates can show.

That being said, there can be some advantage to showing shipping rates earlier. We have a handly Shipping Rates Calculator that your customers can use to get an estimate of shipping costs on the cart page by enterring their postal code. 

I hope that helps!

Jami | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

racetuningcom
1 0 0

I want it to say "FREE SHIPPING" right next to the prices on our site. Is this possible? Customers are more likely to buy from us if shipping prices are displayed before they reach checkout. This is standard on most sites, like on eBay. Thanks in advance