Solved

How to handle a false claim by customer

PeteLauria
Tourist
9 1 4

Asking the community, I am dealing with a disturbing customer who has been making accusations that my business is a scam the day after placing his order, claiming that the tracking number provided is one commonly used by scammers.  He sent me several emails with profanity claiming we are a scam because the USPS tracking info shows the package is in a different city (of course, it is showing the package is on its way and not at its final destination yet - that's what tracking information is for!).  When I showed him that the package is at his local post office scheduled for delivery Monday, he again doubted the product would arrive or would be the wrong product.  I suspect this individual is going to continue being a problem even after his product arrives.  Does Shopify provide any protection for stores if this individual falsely claims that he didn't receive the product, or it was the wrong product, or maybe asking for a credit card refund?  Would it be advisable for me to contact the credit card company in advance to advise them of this disturbing behavior before it becomes a bigger problem?

I would appreciate any advice from store owners who have dealt with peculiar customer behavior.  Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (2)

ShipAntdotcom
Pathfinder
168 6 16

This is an accepted solution.

There's no effective way for clients intend to dispute, just pay attention to save the communication and shipping records as well as paypal dispute policy to protect your business. However, Paypal and credit card company usually protect buyers, you can only upload the records and wait for their judgement. Good luck.

ShipAnt.com - Chinese dropshipping agent - reliable sourcing agent

View solution in original post

PeteLauria
Tourist
9 1 4

UPDATE:  customer received the item, it was correct, and all is well.  He still questioned why the tracking number from my order was the same as a known scammer tracking number . . . until I showed him that the very long number was the same EXCEPT the last 8 digits were different.  He acknowledged his mistake.  Thanks for the response.  

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

ShipAntdotcom
Pathfinder
168 6 16

There's no effective way for clients intend to dispute, just pay attention to save the communication and shipping records as well as paypal dispute policy to protect your business. However, Paypal and credit card company usually protect buyers, you can only upload the records and wait for their judgement. Good luck.

ShipAnt.com - Chinese dropshipping agent - reliable sourcing agent
PeteLauria
Tourist
9 1 4

UPDATE:  customer received the item, it was correct, and all is well.  He still questioned why the tracking number from my order was the same as a known scammer tracking number . . . until I showed him that the very long number was the same EXCEPT the last 8 digits were different.  He acknowledged his mistake.  Thanks for the response.