How to set up inventory for Pick-up-In-Store, but ignore stock levels for delivery?

How to set up inventory for Pick-up-In-Store, but ignore stock levels for delivery?

BreadMonkey
Shopify Partner
4 0 0
  • I'm working with a bakery
  • They are on Shopify+ for site and POS
  • They sell bread, pastries, etc.
  • They allow pickup (BOPIS) and ship
  • Inventory/Stock levels ONLY matter for the BOPIS, because anything for shipping will be produced as needed so it's essentially never out of stock / non-orderable for shipping.

It's been a few years since I built a Shopify site from scratch, and enough has changed that I want to make sure I capture current best practices for this kind of thing...

I'd prefer not to do the old hack of having the same product duplicated, one made-to-order one quick-ship...

Is there a good technique or plugin that can handle this?

Thanks!!!

Replies 2 (2)

gr_trading
Shopify Partner
1833 145 192

Hi BreadMonkey 

Your issue is you want to track the inventory for order pick-up but not when order is for shipment?

If it's the issue then a custom APP would be the best option which will reset the the inventory value in case of shipment order with the ordered value.

This will work in background, let me know if it will work.

For any custom development WhatsApp or connect at Email ID: gr.trading15@gmail.com for quick consultation. | Shopify Free codes
To support Buy Me a Coffee
BreadMonkey
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

That doesn't sound like the right direction...

Basically we'd want it so that if shopper adds a product with inv=0 the "in-store pickup" option in checkout would not be available. We'll handle UX via messaging via the in-stock messaging, etc. But the easiest path would just be to disallow local pickup for all inv=0...