How to setting up shipping costs if using Printify

DimitieK
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, I need to know what shipping costs I need to add to my store so customers know what they are paying in shipping. I haven’t done this before and I’m using Printify to print the tshirts. Do I just do a general amount to cover the Printify shipping costs? Eg US $8 for a t shirt? Rest of the world $10? Or is there somewhere in Shopify I can do this automatically? Thank you for your help. 😊🙏

Replies 8 (8)

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Hi, @DimitieK.

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

How much you want to charge for shipping will largely depending on your product cost, profit margin and actual shipping costs. It's tough to provide exact numbers, but I did find you a Printify shipping set-up guide.

The guide discusses shipping prices in great detail and set-up depending on your Shopify base plan. That link even includes information about the Printify Shipping Calculator. You can find the calculator quickly with these steps:

1. Log in to your Shopify Admin
  2. Click on Apps
  3. Open Printify
  4. Find Store Settings in the Printify App
  5. Click on their built-in Shipping Calculator

Remember, Printify has entire tutorials and endless lists of documentation on everything you need to know about using their services at https://help.printify.com/.

If any other questions come up that I can help with on Shopify's end, don't hesitate to reach back out.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

DimitieK
Visitor
2 0 0
Hi Olivia, thank you, that's very helpful. Have a lovely day.

Dimitie xx
Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

I'm so glad I could help, @DimitieK.

If any other questions come up, don't hesitate to reach back out.

Warm regards,

Awaire
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello

Is the shipping calculator only available to advanced members I have the basic membership. I have just launched but I am concerned about shipping prices before marketing too much, most of my printify items are made in the US so shipping to the US should be cheaper than UK is their an app that automatically calculates the cost of the product from where its printed to where its posted please?

Thank you so much

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Hey, @Awaire!

Thanks for reaching out with your question. 

I was happy to dig into this deeper, and I'm not sure which shipping calculator you may have been referring to that is available on the Advanced Shopify plan tier and not the Basic.

Perhaps you meant Carrier-Calculated Shipping Rates? If so, not to worry as you can easily set up your custom shipping rates without that feature. This feature is particularly helpful for stores that provide their own shipping and need to connect their own accounts. Since you are working with a dropshipper you don't have to worry about this. 

Upon my research, I found that Printify has an awesome shipping rates guide by provider at the following link:

https://printify.com/shipping-rates/ 

If you follow that link, then scroll to find your provider/s you will find it brings you to a new page that breaks down shipping cost and times per product type and location. Here's an example for your reference: 

16-20-11472-75958

I trust that will provide a great guideline for your custom rates. For a refresher on setting up shipping rates through Shopify, check out the linked guide. 

Warm regards,

Kouy
Visitor
1 0 0

Why is shipping cost on my shopify store $4.90 but when i view my orders on printify shipping cost is $44.99. that to come out of my pocket 

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Thanks for joining our thread, @Kouy!

Printify shipping costs are pre-determined by them, and the shipping rates that you create in your store are controlled by you. Therefore, you can choose to increase your shipping rates, decrease and even offer free shipping if you choose to encourage conversion that way.

A simple way to view product profit when using dropshipping is Sales minus Cost. The pricing on your storefront is set by you, and it's best to use the cost of goods sold formula to determine an appropriate price point that considers shipping for your intended profit.

Let me know if I have missed or misunderstood anything,

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Hi again, @Kouy.

I'm just following up as it has been some time and I have not heard back from you. Please let me know if you found my response helpful, or if there's any other support I can help provide. 

If you are still new to dropshipping, make sure to share your experience with me so I can recommend market proven solutions to help you grow your business

Warm regards,