How to test custom payment method in developer store?

schiocco
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi

How to test a custom payment method in the developer store?

Thank you! 

Replies 5 (5)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

Hi @schiocco,

Thank you for reaching out. Is this a custom payment method you've built yourself or one provided by a third-party? Are you seeing an error message at checkout when you try to test the payment method, such as "checkout system disabled" or "checkouts are not currently enabled"?

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

schiocco
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi the error is this:

Payment gateway isn't setup to test orders. This store can't accept real orders or real payments.

I built it myself.

Thank you very much! 

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

Hi @schiocco,

Right, thank you. I am not able to authenticate you on your account through the Shopify Community so I am not able to log into your store and take a closer look at this for you.

You can read more about testing a payments app in our developer documentation, but if you're still unsure of what is causing the error, I'd recommend reaching out to our Partner support team through the support section of the Partner dashboard. You can also get in touch directly through the Shopify Help Center.

schiocco
Tourist
4 0 0

I read this:

Does it mean that I can not test an app before it is approved and published? 

Does it mean that I can not build a payment gateway only for me and my store? It must be always published and be available to anyone?

Thank you! 

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

Hi @schiocco,

It is possible to build custom apps for your store alone with no requirement to make them publicly available, but in the case of custom payment options, we do require all payment apps to be reviewed and published before you can test and use them. The only exception is for Shopify Plus merchants who are permitted to build custom payment options for their store.