How to ue shopify payments being a non US Resident

NibrasSiddiqui
1 0 0
Hi Everyone,
Need to ask 1 thing regarding Shopfiy Payments,

I've researched on Google and I found that it is very difficult to use Shopify Payments Being a Non US-Resident. I would be having LLC, EIN and every document that is required, But I cannot have SSN. So what should i do.

Please Guide me on this.
Reply 1 (1)
Rick
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
245 29 51

Hey @NibrasSiddiqui 

That is a good question!

What region will your store be based in? That is the main criteria for being able to use Shopify Payments. See this link here for a list of all countries where Shopify Payments is available. If your business operates out of a country where Shopify Payments is not supported, then you would need to use an alternative third party payment gateway

Are you hoping to be able to use a Shopify Payments US account, even though you are located outside of the US? If so, then you are correct in saying that there are specific criteria that would need to be met. The most important factors are whether you have a US tax ID and your business has physical operations on US soil. In addition to this, you will also require all of the following to be considered:

• Government issued photo ID (driver's licence, passport, etc. Non-US ID can sometimes be accepted).
  • A Tax ID in the United States (EIN if you are an LLC/Corporation, SSN if you are a Sole Proprietor).
  • Business registration document (Registered in the US with the government).
  • Proof that your business is actually operating from the US. A bank statement or forwarding service is not a valid proof of address.
  • A USD checking account - Virtual banks and currency services will not work for this, it has to be a real US bank.

If you are located in the USA then you would be required to provide all 9 digits of your SSN/ITIN as verification when setting up your account. This rule still applies even if you have an EIN for your business. There is no way for us to bypass this step on sign up.  If you wish to learn more about this you can refer to the US Shopify Payment Terms of Service: Section B-3.

Rick | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog