how to use shopify payments gateway if i am not living in USA, UK, CANADA.

faheem10294
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

I need to ask that i want to use dropshipping business in USA by using shopify store and Oberlo or Dropified dropshipping services but my location is from Pakistan and there is no good options for payment gateway i want to use by default Shopify Payments method in my store tell me what is the possible way to use Shopify payment in my Shopify store because i want to sell my products in Just USA. is there any way ? then please help me because i really like to use just Shopify Payment method instead of others payment gateway.

Thank you

Replies 10 (10)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

Hey, @faheem10294

We are working on launching Shopify Payments to more countries; however, this does take time as there are several country-specific regulations and laws that we have to abide by before Shopify Payments can be launched in a new region. We can allow the use of Shopify Payments while operating out of a country that does not support Shopify Payments; however, we have very strict and specific requirements that must be met to review the request. To use Shopify Payments while operating outside of a supported country you will need all of the following:

• Government-issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, etc. - non-US ID may be accepted)
  • An SSN will be reqiured
  • Business registration document (Registered in the US with the government)
  • Proof that the business is actually operating from the US. This can include tracking showing you are shipping from the US or proof of a physical US address (not a forwarding address).
  • A USD checking account, opened with a real US banking institution, located on US soil. Virtual banks and currency services will not work for this, it has to be a real US bank

If you do not have all of the required documents, then it will require using one of the available payment processors available for Pakistan. You can view a full list of available payment processors for Pakistan here

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Luke121
Excursionist
15 1 4

Hi i uploaded all infromation as you stated here but they closed my shopify payments, and sad that because i live outside United Kigdom im not allowed to use shopify payments. I have company in the United Kingdom along with bank account.

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

@Luke121 

I'm sorry to hear that your request wasn't approved. I'm afraid we're unable to guarantee that an individual will be able to use Shopify Payments, even if they are able to provide all the requested documents. Even though you'll be unable to use Shopify Payments, you will still have access to using one of the available third-party payment providers for your region. You can view a full list of available providers by selecting your country here. 

10xarcherydeals
Visitor
1 0 0

I am in this exact same situation.  I am being asked to upload the id docs now.  I can provide everything except the proof of address as I don't live in USA.  My business is registered and operating with business banking in USA.  Please help me get connected to the right person in the verification department. 

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

@10xarcherydeals 

Proof of address will be required and can not be bypassed. Your best bet here would be to leave it blank (if possible) and provide a detailed explanation as to why you do not have it. If the other information provided is enough then our Banking partners will remove the hold; however, if not, then it will require that you provide proof of address to continue using Shopify Payments. 

AlexN1
Visitor
1 0 0

I have a question for the shopify payments,

I provided all those documents to shopify as following:

• Government issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, etc. - non-US ID may be accepted)
  • A Tax ID in the United States:
    1. EIN if you are an LLC/Corp
    2. SSN you are a Sole Proprietor
  • Business registration document (Registered in the US with the government)
  • Proof that the business is actually operating from the US. This can include tracking showing you are shipping from the US or proof of a physical US address (not a forwarding address).
  • A USD checking account, opened with a real US banking institution, located on US soil. Virtual banks and currency services will not work for this, it has to be a real US bank

But here is a big misleading gap cause it is written physical US address, but when i submit all above, we got answer like:

"We would need to see a brick and mortar location, or proof that you are living in the United States."

And i try to get answer from shopify customer service what is next step for me cause I would like to have a detail answer:

1. What are the documents to proof brick and mortar location?

2. What documents do you need to proof you are living in the United States?

3. Can I have PDF giving me exact info of what is needed to be authorized for US payments?

Please kindly check

Thank you,

Aleksandra

Luke121
Excursionist
15 1 4
Your utility bill and the surname of you or your family to prove you live
in Us
Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

@AlexN1 

I can't speak to your specific case as your account is not verified, so forgive me for my more general answer.

The address really depends on what type of Shopify Payments account you're being verified for. For example, if you created an account and placed an address in the United States to gain access to using Shopify Payments, then what we're asking would be normal as we assume, based on the information provided, that you and your business are in the United States. In that case, proving that you have a physical address in the United States would be required. 

If you are living outside of the United States, but have a business operating in the United States and wish to use Shopify Payments, then the review process would be different and would require a manual escalation and review. In this case, all documents outlined in my previous response would be required for the review. We understand that you may not live in the United States, but your business still requires a physical address such as a brick and mortar location in order to be reviewed. Even if all documents are provided, we can not guarantee that we'll be able to provide Shopify Payments for your store. That all said, if you live in a country that supports Shopify Payments, then you can still sell in USD while getting paid in your local currency. More information on selling and getting paid in different currencies can be found here. 

From the sounds of it, you're already in contact with our Risk team. They are equipped to better assist you with the questions and concerns you have so I would highly recommend following up in their email if you haven't already. 

cylouett
Visitor
1 0 0

Im having the same issue im operating in the Philippines and i find it really hard to start my dropshipping store since I will need to apply to a third-party payment gateway which asks for requirements like proof of sales that obviously I wouldn't have since I have not started yet, I'm paying monthly just to make my store come alive and keep my hopes upon Shopify waiting for approval but it seems I'm not getting it anytime soon, hope that shopify payments would be available in Philippines soon

rayhanmahmud
Visitor
2 0 0

Can I use Shopify Payments from Saudi Arabia if I have business operations in the US?

rayhanmahmud_0-1706906462346.png