I need a recommandation as I want to use a giftcode withch also gives free shipping

beritlunde
1 0 0

I want to use a gift code. This giftcode should be used to get one item for free, and in addition the shipping should be free. What do I need in order to fix thsi problem?

Reply 1 (1)
Hilary
Community Moderator
538 77 100

Hi, @beritlunde

Welcome to the Shopify Community! Great question, in order to offer a customer both a buy X get Y discount, as well as a free shipping discount code, you will likely require the use of an app. This is because it is not possible to stack discounts through the Shopify admin, meaning customers can only use one discount code per order. Below are a few app options for you that will allow your customers to use more than one discount code in an order: 

Alternatively, you could setup a free shipping rate in your Shipping and Delivery settings. This would apply to all orders that meet the criteria you set. Then, customers can use a discount code, and still receive free shipping as the free shipping rate would not be setup through the Discounts section of your admin. 

Let me know how this goes, and if you have any questions!

Hilary | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog