ranazakihafiz
Visitor
2 0 3

Asslam O Alaykum

Currently i have 3 payment methods on my Shopify store

1- Easypaisa

2- bank transfer

3- cod

I want to change my default payment method to cod , currently is Easypaisa & i want to change this, kindly help fast

IMG_20211105_152822.jpg

Replies 10 (10)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@ranazakihafiz 

Changing the hierarchy of payment providers is not something that can be done at this time. Credit card payment providers, alternative payment providers, then manual payment providers is the order in which payment providers will appear at checkout. Your customers will need to manually select COD if they wish to use COD as a payment method. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

ranazakihafiz
Visitor
2 0 3

Why not this time? Why not have another solution?

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@ranazakihafiz 

It's a limitation of the platform with no possible workarounds. We do have an existing feature request to allow store owners to change the order of the payment providers which I've added your request to; however, I can't provide a timeline for when or if we'll be able to provide this feature. 

Zubair_Ahmad
Shopify Partner
7 0 2

Is this possible in 2022?The default COD payment method?

d8on
Shopify Partner
4 0 7

Is this possible to change the default payment method, and/or rearrange the order in which payment methods appear on the checkout screen?

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@d8on Not at this time. Credit card processors will show first, followed by alternative payment methods, then manual payment methods. 

HamBash
Tourist
3 0 3

Where can we request for this feature, it is really a big problem in all the Asian countries were COD is the preferred payment method for most customers, and only a handful choose to pay through a card, so we want the custom COD payment method to be as default. where can we vote up for this feature request

nesa
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi @Trevor,

According to the order you mentioned, the "Pay with credit card" button should appear in the product page. However, although I have both paypal and credit card as payment methods, in the product page the button is showing "Buy with PayPal". Do you know why?

(I use Refresh theme if that mattesr)

gn0ume
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

2023? XD

Attrexx
Excursionist
17 1 5

[Everybody checking this subject on Google!]
As of 2023 this is still not a feature. All this "it is a limitation of the platform without possible workarounds" is just BS, because virtually ALL their competition offers this option as default.
The real reason is that they gain $$$ via card transaction fees. There you go!
That is also the reason they will NOT do anything about this and writing requests about it is pointless.
Shopify checkout is an extremely disappointing pay-to-do-normal-ssh!t black hole that not only shines an ugly light on the platform's business model but actually negates it's advantages and pushed (and will keep pushing) businesses to their competition.
It's a real dealbreaker for many businesses, as not many have 2000USD/month (!) to spend on Shopify Plus to mostly have their checkout customized (freakin LOL!).
So, yeah. Greed is king here. Everything else is just marketing speak.

PS: I am curious if the board mods are going to be professional about this comment or they're just going to bring out the last century del-hammer over 🙂

Professional Web Products & Services • Website Development & Online Advertising on an European scale