ID verification for payout not valid

cherithilo
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi,

My payouts have been on hold since I opened my store 3 months ago and I have tried to verify my ID which shopify keeps saying isn't valid. Some context, I changed my last name due to marriage but my passport still has my maiden name and I just moved house 3 months ago so I do not have any utility bill with my maiden name just my new last name. I have tried to upload my marriage certificate along with my passport as proof of my name change and a utility bill in my current address(new name) which shopify will not accept. how do i fix this?

Replies 3 (3)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Hi, @cherithilo 

Sorry to hear it's been difficult to finish setting up your payouts for Shopify Payments. I understand how important this is to your business. When you say, Shopify will not accept these documents, what do you mean exactly? Did you receive an email from our team regarding the documents you submitted? If you did, the best thing you can do is reply directly to that email with any questions you have. They will be the best team equipped to answer those questions. 

If you didn't receive a reply from our team, when you tried to submit these documents to our team, did you leave a note in the comments section explaining the situation at all? This is the best way to communicate with the team who directly reviews these documents. If the upload banner is still present on your home page, please try this, remember to leave notes in the comments section, explaining your situation. 

If you tried this, and still were unsuccessful, your best next step will be to reach out to our Support team directly so we can clarify the best way to resolve this. To reach out to our Support team, follow the link to our Contact page, login to your store, search for the issue you need help with, for example "Payouts on hold" then look for the option to Continue to get support. From there, you'll be able to speak with our team via live chat, email or callback request. 

Let me know if you have any questions! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

cherithilo
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi,

When I upload my documents I keep getting the same message "A document you submitted isn’t valid. To continue using Shopify Payments, resubmit your photo ID in order to verify your identity". My passport is in my maiden name and since I have just moved address all my utility bills are in my married name. I tried to upload my marriage certificate as a one PDF document with my passport as proof of name change in the photo ID section and a recent council tax bill which is in my new name. I am guessing the utility bill was accepted but I now have to upload a new photo ID to match the name on the utility bill which I currently do not have.

I did not receive an email to say why the document was invalid just a message on my shopify account and I have just checked and there is no comment section when uploading documents.

Thanks in advance

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Thanks for your reply, and sorry to hear you're still having troubles with this. Instead of using your passport, do you have a valid drivers license with your married name that you could use to verify your ID instead? If the name on the license matches the account, this should resolve the issue. 

If not, the best thing to do from here will be to reach out to our Support team directly. As I mentioned, we're not able to provide account-specific support via the Community at this time, which means our team can't look into this in further detail until you reach out through an authenticated support channel such as live chat, callback request or email. 

Here are the steps to reach out to our Support team: Follow the link to our Contact page, login to your store, search for the issue you need help with, for example "Shopify payments issue" then look for the option to Continue to get support. From there, you'll be able to speak with our team via live chat, email or callback request and they'll be happy to look into the details of this more closely. 

Let me know how this goes, or if you're having issues contacting our team and I'd be happy to help. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.