FROM CACHE - en_header

If based in Canada can we sell in US dollars?

tribe_ca
3 0 0

We are working on a side project and I am trying to get an idea of the various options available  to sell it when it is launched.

It will a digital download product. Most of our customers will be in the US and perhaps some in Europe.

We want to price the product in US dollars by default, even though we are based here in Canada.

Can a basic Shopify store do this?

Replies 3 (3)
Aissarapan_Bunn
Shopify Expert
19 0 1

You can set up your store currency in USD. Yes the basic Shopify store can do that.

------

For 2checkout , Payoneer  and Shopifyset up please add our Whatsapp business +66815736943. I'm Shopify,2checkout and Payoneer official partner. On the time of answering this post I've 2 approve clients for 2checkout now.

Leon
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
205 1 72

Hello, Tribe! 

Leon here from Shopify Support. 

You can choose any currency to accept payments in your store, as long as the payment provider is compatible with that currency. In Canada, Shopify Payments offers the ability to sell in either CAD or USD, you just need to ensure that you have a CAD or USD bank account held at a Canadian bank in order to accept the payouts from sales proceeds. Using a bank account in a different currency that you charge, or outside of Canada will result in errors and delays receiving payouts.

Setup instructions for Shopify Payments can be found here

If you're using a 3rd party payment provider, instructions are found here

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions about payments by posting below. 

Cheers,

Leon 

Leon | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Prem_Eswara
Tourist
13 0 2

Hi

How can i accept payments in USD instead of Shopify converting it into CAD i checked the payments section in my store and this what i found. Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 9.34.12 PM.png