Importing Products to New Store

jpshivell
Tourist
30 0 2

I added a new store for my existing products because I am changing the niche for my existing store. I exported the products to a CSV file with no problem, but when I try to import them to the new store, I get the error message "Fulfillment service is not defined for your shop". I cannot find any field in the CSV file called "Fulfillment service" nor am I presented with a place to enter the name of a fulfillment service. How do I fix this error?

Replies 5 (5)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Hi, @jpshivell 

Happy to help here. The "Variant Fulfillment Service" column is a required column for importing products via CSV. You can find a full breakdown of each column, and whether or not it's required under the CSV column description in our Help Center. Below is a screenshot of this column description:

26-27-68547-84560

As for where this column is located, when you look at the sample CSV template, you can see this column is located in Column R, with the value Manual. If you're not using a custom fulfillment service, or one of the other listed integrated fulfillment services in the column description, the value for your products will be Manual

Let me know how this goes! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

jpshivell
Tourist
30 0 2
I checked the sample CSV, and "Variant Fulfillment Service" is in column R.
In my downloaded file "Variant Fulfillment Service" is in column S, and the
value is "printify" rather than "manual". I also have two columns that the
sample does not - "Standard Product Type" and "Custom Product Type". Do I
need to get rid of these columns? If so, how?

Joseph Shivell
jpshivell
Tourist
30 0 2

I checked the sample CSV, and "Variant Fulfillment Service" is in column R. In my downloaded file "Variant Fulfillment Service" is in column S, and the value is "printify" rather than "manual". I also have two columns that the sample does not - "Standard Product Type" and "Custom Product Type". These two columns are listed in the Help Center as columns in the CSV file. Do I need to get rid of these columns? If so, how? And, how do I get the "Variant Fulfillment Service" in the proper column?

jpshivell
Tourist
30 0 2

Since no one has answered my question, I will solve the problem myself by closing the store. 

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Thanks for your replies and for the further context. Sorry to hear that you are planning to close your store as a result of this issue, I hope this hasn't been the case. 

The Standard product type and Custom product type columns that you mentioned are on your CSV are located in the Sample CSV in the very last columns; Columns AV, and AW respectively! You will not need to remove them from your CSV. As well, I'll mention that the Column letter does not matter, as long as the Column Headers (titles) match exactly, our system will be able to read the CSV file. The order of the columns does not need to be the same as the sample. 

The issue here is that "Printify" is not one of the accepted fulfillment services available for this column. While I could suggest a solution, which would be adding Printify as a custom fulfillment service so that the CSV reader can recognize the input, I wouldn't recommend doing this until reaching out to Printify. Since Printify is a third party app, I am not familiar with it's integration with Shopify. I would be worried that adding it as a custom fulfillment service may mistakenly break the fulfillment integration you have setup with Printify. 

My best recommendation from here is to reach out to Printify and find out the best steps to editing their products using a CSV. If you like, you can reach out to our Support team, and we can start the conversation with Printify for you. Otherwise, you can find their contact details directly on the app description page, under Support, their listed contact email is merchantsupport@printify.com.

I will mention that the Community is not a live support channel, so there is no guarantee of a timely response, or even a response on every topic. We do our best to monitor the Community and offer support where we can. Our Community users also provide a lot of support to each other, which is what the Community is all about - peer-to-peer support! 

If you are ever in need of support quickly, you can always reach out to our Support team directly. Our Support team is available 24/7 via live chat or email. We also offer phone support, which will be available as long as the queues aren't too long. To reach out to our Support team, follow the link to our Contact page, login to your store, search for the issue you need help with, for example "CSV product import" then look for the option to Continue to get support. From there, you'll be able to speak with our team via live chat, email or callback request when available. 

Let us know how this all goes!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.