In store pick up only

Robert_Bartel
1 0 1

I have a brick and mortar store as well as the shopify shop, I sell a variety of products, some of which cannot be shipped and i want to showcase and allow customers to purchase then pick-up in-store. Is there a way to set certain products (collections or tagged items) so they can not be shipped?

Replies 16 (16)
octoolhouse
Tourist
5 0 1

I was stuck on this for like 3 days but finally figured it out. You need to add 2 stores even if you have one location. Name your second store Pick Up or something. Edit the shipping zones on them, of course the pick up store will have no zones.

The trick after that is YOU MUST click that "this is a physical product" that you see. AND on the product click "edit location" then select the Pick Up (or the store name you gave it).

There is a glitch known i found in the community the customer will still be able to select shipping in the cart but it will not let them pay and proceed since the product is not shippable. That is the best I could figure out and it does work, so I am going with it. I would just think the system would have a more elegant way to have a mixed business of only in store items (big items) and be able to ship other items. 

mati1233
Tourist
5 0 0

Yep the solution is not the best you can get, but it is something. I guess anything better would need shopify devs to work on it. 

In a way it is strange that it was not implemented yet. And from the comments etc i guess it is something that customers need. 

octoolhouse
Tourist
5 0 1

and I broke my cart tying to now add items to ship. I don't know how I got it to proceed to checkout for pick up only "location". Did you figure this out? It is now stating I must have a zone added to the location.

octoolhouse
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi - I had this working before exactly as described. Somehow I broke it.

No zones or rates. Customers won't be able to complete checkout on orders fulfilled from this location.

No zone or rates was what allowed pick up only, so not sure why it requests them now. And on checkout it does not allow checkout. The product has the Pick Up Only location stocked. Any troubleshooting ideas?

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNGpickup profile.PNG

SouthCoast_Smok
Tourist
3 0 1

GENIUS! Thank you so much.. that worked brilliantly. I have 2 brick and mortar locations and want to offer pick up only for some items, too heavy or can't ship. And i have a 3rd warehouse location that i do offer shipping. Keeping inventory separate and following your steps, perfect. 

I assume once i add products to the pick up only location, its not included in the standard shipping one that seems to gather "all items not in other profile". Just want to make sure. 

Thank you again!

octoolhouse
Tourist
5 0 1

No, it removes from there and puts it in the one you moved it to.

SouthCoast_Smok
Tourist
3 0 1

Actually im not getting the options for locaions to pop up during checkout. won't allow it. just shows error as nothing found for shipping?