Include shipping charges directly into the product price. Don't show shipping charges at checkout

komailnoori
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

I do not want to show shipping charges separately. I want to include shipping charges directly into the product price and do not want to show shipping charges separately at checkout. With each product, it will show a tag that says "price including shipping". Here is what I am planning to achieve this.

• Weight (in KG) will be added by admin with each product.
  • Separate shipping charges are defined for each KG (from 1KG to 300KG individually) against each zone.
  • Different countries are assigned in different zones.
  • When a new customer reaches at the website, the website detect the country of the visitor. Check the zone of the country.
  • The based on the weight of the product, get the shipping charges for that respective zone and add those charges in the product price and show the total price of each product.
  • If visitor changes the country at the time of "shipping address" the prices of products in "Cart" will be updated based on newly select country (i.e. zone)

Can someone please confirm if this kind of functionality available in Shopify? If yes, can you please guide how to achieve this?

Replies 5 (5)

sniper2804
Shopify Partner
399 25 68

I don't think this is possible.

Assuming you do this, how will you handle the case when the price of the product will be different on the product page and in the cart during checkout? Won't customers abandon your cart?

Automate & bulk assign products to shipping profile: Auto Shipping Profiles: Shipr
Calculate accurate shipping rates: Shipping Calculator: ShipMagic
Hide, rename, reorder payment methods at checkout: Payment Customization: PayMix
komailnoori
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Why the price on product page and cart will be different? The price of product + shipping charges will be the final price of the product and same price will go to shopping cart.

sniper2804
Shopify Partner
399 25 68

How will you know the delivery address on product page? How will you calculate shipping cost without delivery location?

Automate & bulk assign products to shipping profile: Auto Shipping Profiles: Shipr
Hide, rename, reorder payment methods at checkout: Payment Customization: PayMix
komailnoori
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

As I mentioned in bullet point 4, when customer comes to website, we detect the country of customer through IP address and give option to customer to change if it is not correctly deducted (attached screenshot below). Shipping charges are defined zone wise and countries are assigned to different zones. This way when we have the country, we can calculate the shipping charges at the first page for individual products. Shipping charges are same for the whole country so city or state of the country doesn't matter for us.

screenshot.PNG

sniper2804
Shopify Partner
399 25 68

Oh. Got it. Makes sense. 

Looks difficult to implement though. 

You would have to create a product variant everytime a customer visits your website. And then show it to only that customer and hide from others. Or you would have to create dynamic automatic discounts. 

I am pretty sure it would require custom app development. You won't find a ready solution.