Can I update my incorrect bank details for Shopify payouts?

jackkhu
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello,

I don't know if the payout was sent to the correct bank. I see that the last 2 digits are incorrect in my bank. Is there any way to correct this and receive my payout? Also, I don't know which information was entered before, so I can't change to the correct account and routing number. Please help!

-Jack

Replies 7 (7)

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @jackkhu,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query! 

Our support can take a closer look into this with you. As we would be discussing some sensitive account information, I'll need to send you an email to help authenticate the account and take a closer look. Please keep an eye out for my email and if there's anything else I can help you with, please let me know! 

For anyone else that might be reading this, if you experiencing the same error and you need to submit your old banking information first, I've listed a few areas you might be able to find this information. We do not require for you to submit any of the following documents to our support, this is just a suggestion for you to locate your old banking information if needed. Once located, you would then be able to update the bank account as shown here for example. 

• Void Cheque: A blank cheque issued from your bank which shows the banking details of the account in question.
  • Online Banking: If you log into your online banking account, you should be able to locate the banking details there.
  • Contacting your bank: Your bank's customer support will be able to locate these details. 
  • Paper statement: An old bank statement should have these details listed or you could request a copy of a previous statement with your bank's customer support. 

If you require further assistance, please contact our support

Many thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Hannah1023
6 0 0

I updated my back account information and it still doesn’t let me save it. It’s saying contact support. I open my website this week. Need help. I have to pay for my monthly  fee soon . Feel discouraged 

youvswrld
Visitor
3 0 0

Did you resolve this issue? If so,. could you help me out please? Thank you. 

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @youvswrld

We can help for sure! Please contact our support directly here for assistance as we will need to verify sensitive information privately. 

Thanks, 

youvswrld
Visitor
3 0 0

When I press that it just takes me back to where i started this whole journey of trying to figure it out. I am in hcat right now with one of your staff but thank you for the help Ted.  

ddrozdov15
Tourist
4 0 3

Hi there, I need help with my payout account. i initially entered wrong bank account number but I have corrected that already. the problem is, it says that my payout have been already made. How can I reverse that and have the money deposited into the correct bank account? Please help. Thanks!

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @ddrozdov15 and @Hannah1023,

Thanks for reaching out and for letting us know. 

I'm sorry to hear that you feel discouraged. The best thing to do here would be to contact our Support team directly so we can authenticate your account and so our Shopify Payments team can help change this information with you.

When you have a moment, please contact our support here via our Help Centre. Our Support information can be found in the main menu (Support > Contact Support) or near the footer. If you experience login or loop issues when using the help centre, please log out of your account and access our support as a guest as shown in this example. Other than this, our Facebook and Twitter support are available 24/7.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks,