Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your reque

Thebumm7
Visitor
1 0 0

When a customer goes to my checkout and trys to check out they get this page after trying to proceed with Affirm:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

I think it's doing it on both card and affirm. 

Please help

Replies 5 (5)

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1803 206 326

Hey there, @Thebumm7. Thanks for bringing this situation to the Shopify Community today. I'm really sorry to hear about these checkout troubles, and I'm here to help investigate them and get them resolved! 

When we usually see issues or errors with Affirm, they're usually local issues, or customer specific. To rule this out however, we will want to do some additional testing. If possible, please provide me with a link to your website, so I can see if I can replicare this error. Additionally, I'd love it if you could answer the following questions:

• Have you tested your checkout as well to see if you can replicate this error?
  • How many customers have reached out to you saying that they were experiencing this issue?

Please, follow up with me when you can with the requested information, so we can do a deeper dive into what is happening. 

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

angelgshair
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello i'm having this same issue but from someone else's website to affirm

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1803 206 326

Hi there, @angelgshair. Thanks for jumping in on this thread!

Were you looking to purchase something from the store that you noticed this error for? Or are you the person who owns and operates this store that you noticed the error for? This context is important to determine why exactly you may be seeing this error.

If possible, can you provide me with a link to the store you were visiting, so I can see if I can replicate the issue? 

Most of the time, this issue appears to be local - meaning it's device specific. You can try clearing the cache and cookies of the device or browser you're using, and then attempt to checkout again. If the issue persists, then it's likely something related to the store or your account, but we can confirm this once you provide me with a link to the shop for testing.

CLPrintIt
Visitor
1 0 0

Having also problem with my own account
CL Print It (cl-print-it-5481.myshopify.com)

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1803 206 326

Hey there, @CLPrintIt. Thanks for following up on this older thread!

Appreciate you providing that link to your shop. I just have a few questions I'm looking for some information on before we can dive in more deeply:

• How were you made aware that this issue was occurring in your store?
  • Do you have a screenshot of this error appearing? This would be immensely helpful, as I've been unable to replicate this error.

Please, follow up with me when you can with some additional information. I'll keep my eyes peeled for your reply!