International Credit Cards: billing address is incorrect and doesnt match my shipping address error

cvo
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

Hello,

We are an agency and one of our clients has a Shopify store.

This store has received multiple messages in the past months from trusted users.

Our international users often find this error message 

billing address is incorrect and does not match my shipping address

The store uses the Standard Shopify Payment Gateway. And this is troublesome since we are losing potential clients because of this constant bug.

Can someone provide input on how to solve this?
Replies 13 (13)

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 197

Hey, @cvo!

Can I ask how your customers are checking out? One of the digital wallets that can be enabled with Shopify Payments Apple Pay, and users sometimes have issues with their billing address when using this gateway as a payment method. Apple Pay payments are taken in via Shopify Payments, would it be possible that the customers who are seeing this error message have tried to check out using Apple Pay? You can check this for certain if you go to one of the orders in question and scroll to where the payment was processed. You will see the gateway used here:

10-46-43830-79327

When a customer pays for an order using Apple Pay, their shipping address and billing address are pulled in from their Apple Pay settings. So if either address is incorrect, or if certain fields are missing, it’s due to the address that has been set in the customers Apple Pay settings.

The customer can edit their billing address by going to their iPhone/iPad settings then select:

Wallet & Apple Pay > Select card > Billing address

Or if they want to edit their default shipping address, they can go to:

Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay > Shipping address (under ‘Transaction Defaults’)

Could you check the customer's gateway and let me know if these were processed via Apple Pay? I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this! 

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Anythingd1
Excursionist
18 0 1
I'm only on day two on Shopify. This was my test invoice. I will need more
help than just this. I'm having a problem signing in to the partners forum.
If apple have a problem I might just
Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 197

Hey, @Anythingd1!

Can I ask if you are having the same issue as mentioned above: you are seeing 'billing address is incorrect and doesn't match my shipping address' when trying to complete a test order? Just so I have more context on how I can help!

Also, you mentioned you wanted to log into the Partner Forums; did you want to have a Partner badge added to your profile here on the Community Forums? Or were you using another kind of Partner resource? I'd love to help you out here!

Speak soon,

Ava

Anythingd1
Excursionist
18 0 1

I'm look for a partner for real time help. I if you could assist I'd be grateful. The more I'm learning the Futher from a start up it gets. 

Thanks for your time.

b

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 197

Sure, I can help! You can check out our Partners FAQ page here, it goes over everything you need to know about becoming a Shopify Partner. There's a bunch of resources you can use as a Shopify Partner too! There is a getting started guide here on our help docs, but you can check out the other Partner support pages there too! Like this page on resources you can use to join the Shopify Partner Academy where you can learn in real-time! You can check out this blog post from our Partner blog on how to find support as a Partner, just so you can find a helping hand when you need it.

I'd be happy to help you here, but my responses would not be in real-time or as instant as you may need. Our live support chat here is also intended more for merchants who are selling rather than Partners who are learning to build apps and themes, but you can always check in with our support team there to see if they can point you in the right direction. However, I would recommend joining our slack channel or the Facebook groups too so you can chat with Partners about how you can learn. Once you go to shopify.com/partners you can log into your Partner Dashboard and click on Support. You'll find resources there!

10-56-56255-4662

Let me know what you think! - Ava

Ava

cvo
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

I don't see their transactions as failed ones, because the system did not consider them as transactions.

I also realized that the store is set up with these payment gateways:

"Your store accepts payments with: Authorize.net and PayPal Express Checkout."

In this situation - is Authorize.net the one that should provide us help regarding this issue?

Anythingd1
Excursionist
18 0 1
I'm just testing my first invoice it is unable to be completed till
business hours tomorrow.I thought I was still on my site and unaware of it
impacting on community. Apologies I'll cancel it now.
Thanks for the heads up.
Best wishes
b.
Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 197

No problem at all, @Anythingd1!

The Partner resources I've shared should help you along your way, there is a community of Partners and Developers there who can help you out. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with, I'm happy to chat.

Thanks again!

Ava

cvo
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

Hi Ava, my previous question was not answered. Can you please help?

cvo
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

@Ava Hello

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 197

Hey, @cvo!

Were you able to confirm whether or not these orders were paid for via Apple Pay? If these did come in via Apple Pay, then the error you are seeing might be a user error and your customers need to update their information on their devices. Could you take a look at my initial response to you here and let me know if this would explain the error you're seeing?

Speak soon!

Ava

cvo
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

Hi @Ava 

The client store does not seem to have Apple Pay enabled.

I also realized later that the store uses Authorize.net / The admin setting area show this message:

"Your store accepts payments with: Authorize.net and PayPal Express Checkout."

In this situation - is Authorize.net the one that should provide us help regarding this issue?

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 197

Thank you for confirming, @cvo!

I've had a chat with our Technical team and they'd like to look into this further for you. Just so we can be sure the error is not on our side before you may need to chat with the authorize.net support team!

In order to do this for you, we’ll need to access your account. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our Help Centre here and log in to your account to create a support request.

Let me know how you get on!

Ava